Home Forums General Discussion 1 Year Anniversary on Minocin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dunlop321
    Participant

All, am coming up to my 1 year anniversary on Minocin on December 1st.

Am feeling a lot better since I started. My blood test from this month show my scores are improving

Rheumy factor at 164 vs 341 in May 14 and 366 in Oct 11
    Anti CCP antibody 43 vs 114 in May 14 and 274 in Oct 11
    ESR at 2 vs 7 in Nov 13

Down to 3 Enbrel injections every 4 weeks and aiming to decrease to 2 over the next few months.

It’s a slow process and was very difficult for the first 2 months, but I have noticed a big improvement in my RA. Fingers crossed things will continue to improve. This forum is a great support and I hope this offers you some encouragement.

Good luck to you all.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thank you, Dunlop, for stopping by with your fantastic update! So happy to hear you’re doing so well. 🙂 It can be a rough time while tapering off other drugs, but you’re doing it all very gradually and this is very wise. Keep doing what you’re doing…it’s working!

kater
    Participant

Hi Dunlop
    Congratulations on your first year! It is a milestone indeed. Sounds like you are making super progress though still have a way to go. Isn’t it great to see a change in those numbers to support how you feel? I have SD not RA but just recently got my labs back showing everything negative for the first time. Such a huge relief. It took me 3 years to get there. Good luck in continuing to reduce the biologics and with your continued healing. Just curious if you have investigated diet at all as making needed changes can go a long way to supporting AP?
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

m.
    Participant

Wonderful news, Dunlop! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your update!

Dunlop321
    Participant

Thanks for your notes.

Yes still a long way to go but as the saying goes it feels like I am on the right road most if the time. Not everyday is perfect but I have more better days that bad which is big change.

As for diet, I did try an elimination and allergy diet to no effect bar loosing weight. I do need to avoid too much alcohol or white bread which make me sore. I also limit my sugar intake and have had only three soft drinks in the last 12 months. I also need lots of good quality sleep to keep the pains away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.