Home Forums General Discussion 1 month on AP

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=2147]motherbear[/user] wrote:

Your so right about the fibre. If you think about it a high fibre diet helps reduce the poss of bowel cancer. That being so it must be because it is elliminating the toxins from the bowel! I am going to have to think about how I can introduce a higher fibre diet as he has a good amount already. It is all these small things that add up!…Any info is gratefully received and if I think it relates to him then he will be on it! …Caroline

Caroline, I keep hiding things from myself.  Couldn't locate the article I was looking for, but by using search words, did find some links that said very similar things.  Almost sent this as a PM to you, but thought these links might be helpful to others of us.  One of my mottoes (which may not surprise you…lol) is that “no knowledge is ever wasted.”    Am pasting the new-found links below: 

[align=left]http://www.vitaminstohealth.com/detoxification-product.html[/align]

[align=left]
    https://www.wholeapproach.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=113
    [Note: On above site, interesting reading in the “Product Information” as to how the whole crushed psyllium can gently scrape walls of intestines and scrape away fecal build-up on the walls of the intestines, and with fungicidal capryllic acid in this, may also address candida in the walls.  This reading was similar to what I was searching for and was impressive.]
    [/align]

[align=left]http://www.wiseessentials.com/candida-purge-program-2.html[/align]
    http://www.vitaminstohealth.com/fiber-supplement.html
    Fiber Supplement – For Long Term Colon Restoration
    Fiber supplements tend to have many ingredients, but the three most useful recommended by herbalists are …..

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/psyllium.html 
    Psyllium Cures

Further sites related to cleansing intestines: 
    http://www.vitaminstohealth.com/human-intestinal-parasite-cleanse.html

motherbear
    Participant

Hi AF,

thanks for all the links and info. I also read Kathryn's story which was amazing.                 I am having troubles with mail not being sent for some reason. I sent you a mail and it didn't show up as sent so will try to fix it.

I will look at these links too as I am really interested in all kinds of supplementary meds.

My saying by the way is that “Knowledge is power!”

Cheers!

Caroline

Krys
    Participant

Caroline,

I'm hesitant of posting a possibly helpful and immensely simple massage technique because I do not know what your stance on nontraditional help is.
    My friend's husband, about 30 years ago, found himself suddenly with an inoperable damage of all the spine discs. It turned out it was an inborn condition, slowly and steadily deteriorating, but because the pain was part of his life since birth, he considered it normal. Once the discs were almost nonexistent, he could not even lie flat on the bed, only in a curled up position, was not capable of sitting at all, so even a wheel chair was an unattainable dream. They had 1 year old baby when it happened.
    My girlfriend had been studying all kinds of healing modalities prior to the spinal collapse and she started giving her husband 3 times a day (before going to work, after work and before retiring for the night) 10 minute spine massages. The recipient lies on the belly, you place the fingertips of both hands alongside the spine (not on the spine itself, but slightly to the side, within this somewhat indentation along the spine) and you make slight circles with all the fingertips, just a few of them, pressing very lightly. You start at the bottom and move towards the neck (which you massage like that, too), then proceed to the other side of the spine, also starting at the tail bone. It needs to be done every day for an extended period of time, but my guess is one should notice some results after a couple of weeks or so.
    After a year of this my friend's husband was totally recovered. His discs grew back to normal and they left for vacation in Italy,  and he was a regular vacationer: swimming and playing volley ball at the beach.

I find this massage very helpful with stiff and painful muscles at neck and shoulders and with sleeping through the night. I mean to introduce it as part of daily routine.

Just passing it along hoping it may be useful….
    Wonderful and speedy recovery to your precious son,
    Krys

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Krys,

thank you so much for the message. I am very open to anything that may help. It is an amazing story and I am so happy to hear that your friends husband has healed so incredibly well.

When my son was first diagnosed I actually massaged his spine as a daily routine to ease his stiffness in his spine. He said that it didn't help the pain but eased the stiffness. Now I am wondering if I should have just kept it up and maybe he would be feeling a lot better for it.

I regularly massage his neck and scalp which makes him feel better. He already has fusion of his neck so it really would be worth trying it on a regular basis again in the way you have descibed for his spine and neck.

He is one lucky boy to have so many people routing for him and offering help.

Thanks again.

Caroline.

Krys
    Participant

Caroline,

I'm so happy it may help!
    Here's some more:
    As you do massage his scalp and neck, maybe you could add the ears? In acupressure (probably in acupuncture, too) the ear, the hand and the foot represent the whole body. When you look at the ear, it is like an upside down baby waiting to be born. The lobe represents the head, and then all the outer rim represents the spine. I massage it sometimes and I noticed that my ear (the outer rim) is creaking a lot during the massage, just like all my joints are. While massaging the hands and fingers (do check the internet if it's of interest to you) both the upper part and the side of fingers represent the spine. You hold e.g. the thumb in your hand (against the upper part of your fingers) and use your own thumb to massage it. Again circles are used moving towards the nail (I'm sure there are many different ways to do it) and then you can also slide your thumb up and down. (Your son can do it himself, too). (Somehow I've always used the outer side of thumb and index finger.) It goes both for upper part of the finger (where the nail is) and the side of the finger. If you want to stimulate circulation and oxygenation to the spine by using the foot massage, the spine is represented by the inner side of the foot. The outer side of the first phalanx of the big toe represents the head, the second the neck and then the outer rim (on the inner side of the foot) represents the spine. Be gentle and slow and use greasy creams  (healing oils can be added) while doing the finger / foot massage to avoid discomfort / pain. Whatever the problem in the body, the reflex point areas on the body have changed sensitivity, maybe very painful when pressed, maybe numb (my mom's right foot is numb in the area representing the breast since mastectomy).

There are also mudras (positions of fingers where certain tips touch some others tips and / or certain parts of the palm) that can aid in healing certain conditions. I found 2 for arthritis. I know there were some for spine. The Hindus (don't know if within modern medicine, too) prescribe yoga postures for various ailments. In fact, “Yoga in Your Hands” by Gertrude Hirschi is  a lovely and very informative book on mudras and describes various specific health problems that mudras help with. But one has to highlight and underline the text to see (while searching later) which mudra does what.

Lovely,total wellness to you and your son,
    Krys

A Friend
    Participant

Krys, Caroline, All,

Caroline's and Krys' posts about the spine and massage triggered my thinking about the Far infrared Sauna — and how beneficial it is for detoxification and relieving pain. 

A number of years ago I was doing pretty well otherwise, but I had begun having rather chronic spinal pain.  (I'd read during that time that “toxins have an affinity for the spine.”  I may have read that they like being in whatever insulated the spine — another search is in order to find this again…lol!) 

I heard a program on Healthy By Nature radio show with Dr. Sherry Rogers as guest one day, and she was discussing the FIR and its amazing benefits.  I believe it was probably she who mentioned that even Mayo Research had used FIR for cardiology patients for whom they had run out of treatment options.  While heart patients don't generally tolerate regular other type saunas, the FIR was tolerated very well and resulted in patients' improvement.  There was much more said on the radio program.  (Dr. Rogers has five med degrees.  She was not selling them.)  That program is still in the Archives on Martie Whittekin's site:  http://www.radiomartie.com and a search can be done on the Archived Programs section if anyone would like to listen to it. 

A close friend of mine listened to the cassette tape I recorded that day… and ended up ordering one, and even put in a FIR business.  My husband and I went there 3 days a week for a month.  My back pain was gone by visit #5.  My husband surprised me and purchased one.   

For the above reasons, I wanted to look at current information on FIR, and to my amazement, they now have FIR's with a massage bed… how nice would that be!!!

Here are some misc. links you might like to take a look at. 

AF

http://www.farnorthsaunas.com/product/infrared-massage-beds

http://www.farnorthsaunas.com/detoxification

http://sunlifesaunas.com/categories/72/Default.aspx

http://www.irmassagebeds.com/
    By combining the healing powers of the infrared saunas with the pain relief and corrective abilities of the infrared massage beds, Abaton has created one of the most powerful healing tools on the planet.”

http://www.road-to-health.com/melt.htm

Excerpt: 

What Other Benefits Can I Expect?
    The FIR wavelength lowers lactic acid, stimulates endorphins, kills certain bacteria and parasites, penetrates tissues, detoxifies cells by vibrating ionic bonds, stops swelling, improves lymphatic flow and blood circulation, attracts calcium to cell membranes where it is needed for healing, decreases the size of water clusters which gives them greater mobility and penetration for going in and out of body tissue. When these hyperactive or energized water clusters move in and out they mobilize stored toxins that can then be excreted.

The benefits of hyperthermia are many, however, the FIR heater causes profuse sweating at a much lower temperature than rocks heated by electric coils which heat the air to a searing temperature capable of damaging respiratory and vision and not recommended for those with cardiac or diabetic conditions. So very ill people can use FIR who cannot safely use conventional sauna.

Krys
    Participant

Hi, A Friend,

What a wonderfully thorough info! I'll check it out. Thanks.
    Wonderful well-being to All,
    Krys

motherbear
    Participant

Hi AF and Krys,

thanks for all the info. I too will check it out later today when I have time to digest it all.

Krys.

The weird thing is he likes foot massages and scalp massages as he says they relax his whole body! There must be something in it and I do believe that your body will try to tell you what it needs..

AF,

Fir sounds really positive and it too makes sense. I will have a whole lot of reading to do later.

Thanks to you both.

Caroline.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ 1 month on AP’ is closed to new replies.