Home Forums General Discussion Wim Hof Method

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

Hi, I wondered if anyone had come across Wim Hof? I am reading ‘What doesn’t Kill us’ by Scott Carney – and find myself really interested – to the point that I am going to do his initial online course. He is said to be able to influence/control his autoimmune system with breathing/meditation and cold water. As someone who swims outdoors, and done my first winter of outdoor swimming (sometimes breaking the ice) – and also is feeling considerably less RA symptoms – I am naturally fascinated. Interesting that for future research they want to use people who sufffer from autoimmune conditions.

A small sample below – more on – https://www.wimhofmethod.com/
    Wim Hof Method? This method has a deep effect on the cardiovascular system and the autonomous nervous system. A may 2014 study (that was realized in part due to a grant from the Netherlands Rheumatism Fund), concluded that, by practicing this method, people are able to influence the autonomic nervous system (and thus their immune system) with their will.
    That was something that was thought to be impossible up until then.
    These results basically force a rewrite of any chapters in academic textbooks that talk about the nervous and the autonomous system.
    New studies underway
    This method is so new, and the last study was from early 2015. But since then, new grants have been applied for (by the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam).

The initial study used subjects who were healthy. But the goal for this future research is to find out whether this method can actually improve the condition of people who suffer from autoimmune disorders (like rheumatoid arthritis).

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Cathlo
    Have never heard of Wim Hof – but the approach sounds fascinating. Let us know how you go if you do try it and, of course, if you hear about more research

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.