Home Forums General Discussion What to do when Abx don't work?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

I’m trying to come to grasp in understanding why Abx isn’t really working for me anymore. I’ve been on Doxy for over a year now along with One and off with Flagyl. I’ve also tried other Abx like cipro, Azithromycine, and TMP for minimum of 3 weeks.

None of these ABx have made a difference in my prostate symptoms nor Arthritis. My arthritis continues to progress to spine pain along with flank pain. Everyday I have flank pain probably in relationship to muscle. All my Lab testing have been normal and negative along with xray and MRI.

What do i do?

I am suppose to start Rifampin soon and if that doesn’t for after 4 weeks then off to Zyvox.

Maz- Could you tell me your exp Rifampin? Is it best taken with Doxy or TMP?

The lab that found “corynebacterium tuberculostearicum” will not perform sensitive testing. Recent articles on the net state this bug is immune to most abx except Vanco or Zyvox.

I am waiting on lab to confirm my second sample to determine if the same bug is found before taking Zyvox.

could anyone help me understand why nothing is working for me? How could i have persistent seronegative arthritis??

The whole thing how it started to what I am gong through just doesn’t make sense. Most doctors I have seen have told me they have seen nothing like this. It NEVER happens, exception is rare.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi World of me;
    Have you seen this site? It may have some good info for you.One thing for sure is that you should avoid a diet with starch.
    http://www.kickas.org/medical/

richie
    Participant

Hi From what I read this is incredibly rare and very hard to treat —I dont think anyone is qualified to treat you in the US –Trying all kinds of antibiotic got you now wheres –I realize you are desperate and trying combos of antibiotic –I suspect on your own —-I will give you the name of a micro biologist who has written many papers on this disease —Daniel Goldenberger PHD Universitatsspital Basel Switzerland –Suggest you contact him for guidance —you are getting no place fast ! AND certainly not getting better !!!

worldofme
    Participant

First I am not trying ComBo abx on my own. I and ID talk first and I follow his suggestion.

He’s trying to treat prostatitis NOT arthritis, this he leaves up to rehumi.

Deep down I’m hoping that ABX will cure my arthritis but I’m starting to realize it’s TWO different issue now.

Why do certain ABX work and some don’t?

worldofme
    Participant

No help.

richie
    Participant

Hi Sounds like no progress at all for you –that means you got to get creative and get to the experts !!!!! Thats what I did and got all better –local doctors most times dont cut it for major things —

worldofme
    Participant

What type of doctor? I’ve seen Dr. Brown that everyone speaks of and he seem clueless about my case. He said start taking some Vitamin C and diet restriction / take IV Clocin at a cost of $600 a IV. Really?

worldofme
    Participant

I’ve taken Mino does nothing for me. I’ve take Doxy over the years on and off with 3 months on straight. Nothing. It does help bring the flares down but nothing close to a cure.

richie
    Participant

I know for a fact you didnt see DR Brown !!!!! I suspect a credibility issue here !!!!!!!

worldofme
    Participant

Umm..okay…he prescribe doxy, mwf and 7 days of Flagyl along with IV cleocin.

Fyi..Dr. brown is here in Pennsylvania. Also, he’s a black physician…how would I know that if I didn’t see him?

He doesn’t accept insurance. Initial visit Is 110 and 80 after.

Trust me I’ve seen him he’s just a simple doc. He Def will work with you and is open mind in abx for arthritis…he also told me a story about him having Lyme disease which he treated himself.

He’s tied with some vitamin company forgot the name I think it’s complement c is what he prescribe.

Trust me I have a follow up next month to see him.

He also talked about some self injecting from upper arm to Lower leg something about autohem. Again, he does this in his office.

Like I said I’ve seen him and he actually told me he hasn’t seen anyone like me. Especially after a stimulation act.

Dr. Brown is also to tell me stop my BP meds, he doesn’t think 140 /90 is that bad…

Now are you his patient?

worldofme
    Participant

And dr. Brown didn’t know what none axial radiographic seronegative spondayloartheropy was. I told him what that was and is what rehumi said I have.

But dr. Brown is a great doc, he listens and works with you. But he’s clearly not the doc for my case.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

The Doctor Brown that everyone talks about here died in 1989.

https://www.roadback.org/dr-brown/

This Foundation was set up to keep his work alive and named after his book:

Road Back Foundation was founded in 1993 by grateful patients of Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown as a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to keeping his legacy alive by providing information to patients, practitioners and the general public about Antibiotic Protocols (AP) for the treatment of rheumatic diseases.

https://www.roadback.org/about/

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

worldofme
    Participant

My bad the guy i saw was Dr. F.B. he was train by Dr. Brown.

RBFV Edit to remove full name of AP Doctor, as per forum guidelines to protect physician privacy

richie
    Participant

Dr Brown stopped teaching in 1970 —-If one was to “study under him ” that person would have to be 70-75 years old —I think you are fast and loose with the facts –my doctor studied under Dr Brown and retired about 6–8 years ago —Is this Dr F B in Philly ???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.