Home Forums General Discussion Tendon pain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Yesterday I felt good, did usual daily stuff including walking the dog a couple of miles. As I have gained quite a bit of weight recently, I walked very briskly up hill for quite away. Last night I went to bed around 11pm but awoke around an hour later with mild fever and chills. I got out of bed and realised my elbows were stiff and wouldn’t straighten and my feet were agony and had to sit down on the end of the bed. After a horrible night I awoke this morning and although fever has gone, feet and elbows and now right knee are very stiff. The thing is, it doesn’t feel that the pain is radiating from any joints , it feels like tendon pain. The backs of my heels are slightly swollen and very tender and my elbows feel like Ive sprained ligaments. I did notice I had a slight pain in my lower buttock , of all places yesterday. Im tired today and feel like I have a mild cold on top of pains and I have taken first pain killer in months. Does anyone have any ideas why after such good progress, this has happened ? Oh and forgot to mention that my rib cage feels mildly bruised, I feel like I have been beaten up !

vinny
    Participant

What you are describing is very common for Psoriatic Arthritis and I am never totally free from ribcage pain from exercise stress. It is ligament inflammation at the point of attachment. It would be difficult to separate sero negative RA from PsA since I did not have any skin involvement prior to my PsA attack in 2007.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

lemons
    Participant

Vinnie, thank you for your reply. Ive never been totally convinced that my diagnosis of sero negative RA is correct. I have recently noticed pitting marks in a couple of my fingernails. Im just concerned as to what has caused todays flare up after being pain free for so long. Is it a flare up, Herx, or did I over do it yesterday ? All the same questions everyone asks when this happens, but its such a disappointment when I have felt normal again and you forget quickly what its like not to. What would explain the fever ? Vinnie, did you have any tests done to rule out RA ?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lemons,

Sorry to hear about your flare when you were doing so well. It’s not uncommon and flares can and do still occur until remission is reached, because AP is not immune-suppressive. Over time, though, flares should be getting fewer, less intense and shorter in duration until eventually they die out altogether. There are so many variables as to what might incite a flare – an acute infection (e.g. strep, flu or tooth infection), surgery, shock, accident, hormones, diet lapses, etc – sometimes a perfect storm of events. Finding remission can lend itself to feeling the worst is over, but the immune system is usually still be in a reactive state for a while, so vulnerable to all sorts of things.

Seroneg RA is just a junk diagnosis until the true picture arises, often later….that is, labs turn positive and symptoms become more definitive for RA, or it turns out being something like reactive arthritis, PsA or AS or a mix. Have you had the HLA B27 test run? If positive, it can help in diagnosis. Tried an elimination diet of any kind?

If the flare doesn’t calm down any time soon, then it’s worth researching and asking your doc if it’s okay to trial various detoxing methods, as well as asking about tweaking your protocol – maybe dosage and/or adding additional complementary abx.

lemons
    Participant

Just to let you know I woke up this morning and feel fine again. If that was a flare I put it down to these possible causes : Friday nights Chinese take away with lots of soy sauce, a bottle of nasty rose wine that a friend bought round, walking up hill and forgetting that my muscles and tendons haven’t yet got used to being in full swing again and helping carry a bag of cement on Saturday. Going to be a little more sedentary this week and watch what I eat as I need to lose weight anyway !

marg
    Participant

Carrying a bag of cement?? I love it!!
    marg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.