Home Forums General Discussion Success!–update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi All,
    well, about June 2011 I came down with Scleroderma-like symptoms. Swollen joints, chronic fatigue, tight skin all over the place, collagen build up in my hands that caused them to not work very well, Raynaud’s, carpal tunnel…..
    By the grace of god I found the Roadback and began AP in November 2011. In March 2012 I was diagnosed with Lyme and my treatment was made more aggressive. So here I am now–14 months later and I would say I am functioning at about 95%. My energy is good and I have returned to work gradually. I still have the Raynaud’s (though milder) and a bit of collagen in my palms, and slight tight skin on the sides of my neck. Everything else is gone. My Lyme doc doesn’t think I have SD, just Lyme with SD-like symptoms. He lowered my meds 6 weeks ago and I have been stable, now he has really lowered them to 100mg of Mino every second day and 250 mg of Zith once every two weeks. This is a little scary too me (have I become addicted to antibiotics lol? 😎 ) however he said if I show any sign of regression I will get the IV clindy and ceftriaxone–which is what I have been searching for in Canada from the beginning. My body has handled this therapy better than I could have dreamed and I credit diet, detox, supplements and load of adjunctive and spiritual therapies in helping with that.
    A few months ago I had a face to face love at first sight meeting with an American penpal who has supported me through all this.
    Just finished my orthodontics today and looking and feeling better than I ever have! I am happy happy happy, healthy healthy healthy, and grateful grateful grateful to all of you for all you do–and for changing the course of my life. I do everything I can to spread the word about AP because it works! Wishing you all a blessed, healthy and joyful 2013
    namaste, and ya cheers!
    kate πŸ˜€

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Anonymous
    Participant

GREAT!! Success stories are always awesome to hear! Keep it up. I hope you’ll continue to feel better.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Oh Kate. I had tears in my eyes as I read down the page and your news kept getting increasingly wonderful. I am wildly happy for you in every respect. Thank you so much for generously sharing your (beyond) uplifting story, it gives such a boost to newcomers to read…..it gives such a boost to everyone in fact.

Namaste to you and may the great wellbeing, love and support continue for you through 2013 and beyond.

P.S. We’d LOVE to have a testimonial from you for the main site. Pretty well what you’ve already written would be wonderful. If you’re willing, just email me at lyn@roadback.org

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rosey UK
    Participant

Kate,
    That’s brilliant to hear, everything’s good all at the same time!
    Very pleases for you!

Rosemary. πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Eileen
    Participant

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your inspiring update. You sound fabulous. It was so wonderful to wake up this morning, come on this site, and see your good health. Wishing you lots of continued success and great health. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing.

Eileen

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Happy New Year Kate,

What beautiful words!! I’m so happy that everything have worked out so well for you!
    Thank you so much for sharing your Awesome story with us.

Wishing you the best!!
    Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

Valsmum
    Participant

Awesome ! So glad you are getting better, that is great.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks so much, Kate, for coming back to share your fantastic news. It hardly seems like any time at all has passed since you first arrived here and how amazing it was to share the excitement that a new LLMD in BC had contacted RBF to be added to the provider list and that he turned out to be such a good option for you. To think how swiftly you’ve turned this around with all your hard work and self-advocacy…you truly are an inspiration and I second Lynnie’s comment above – we would love to have your testimonial for the main site when you are ready. It will inspire many hundreds – maybe thousands – of others with SD for years to come!

Thank you and keep on doing what you’re doing, Kate – it works! πŸ™‚ Please also come back to visit your old RBF friends when you can.

PS How great that Dr. C is offering IVs now? Wow!

A Friend
    Participant

Kater,
    All the RBF BB gang have said it so well already in their posts to you … about our tremendous joy and excitement about how well you are doing. You are definitely our “Poster Girl” for today and many days! Thanks for caring and sharing with all of us.
    AF πŸ˜›

Trudi
    Participant

@kater wrote:

Wishing you all a blessed, healthy and joyful 2013 namaste, and ya cheers!

Same to you Kate! Such wonderful news, you’ve made our day!
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

bonnielou
    Keymaster

It is always a joy to hear stories like this — thank you so much for sharing your good news. Stay well, and stay in touch.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

thank you for your story, it gives people like me hope, I wish you a wonderful life
    gerry

kater
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for all your kind remarks, and for all your support over the last year and a half. It has been quite a journey and I have learned so much from you all. I will write a testimonial and add more detail. I read this website all the time, and also Team Inspire (AP is not a very easy sell there) and Rheumatic.org. I also spread the word to everyone I meet who is struggling with these illnesses. The LLND I see has been nothing short of a god-send and he has just got approval to do IV antibiotics, though he uses them rather judiciously, and not from the get-go. We are anxiously awaiting the opening of the new Chronic Infectious Diseases Clinic at Women’s Hospital in Vancouver. Cautiously optimistic that it will be useful. I am so glad that my sharing has given people hope. It was a very scary thing for me to step away from my work for a year and immerse myself in healing. I am so grateful to have had that opportunity. Thanks to all for everything you do for me and for everyone who opens this door. Please feel free to call on me at anytime if there is anything I can do to be of service.
    with gratitude
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Krys
    Participant

Kate,
    WOW!!! Such fabulous news and such a great source of joy!!!
    Thank you very much for sharing and for being such a great inspiration.
    I hope you’ll be around on RBF: it is so lovely to see posts from people in remission!
    Krys

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Kate, I ,too, am so happy for your success. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring story! May you continue to be blessed with amazing health & a fabulous new year ahead & beyond! GG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.