Home Forums General Discussion Steroid injection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    June3443
    Participant

Hi, I haven’t been on the forum for awhile as I am doing very well, but I wanted to share my experience with a recent steroid shot. I have not taken my 50 mg doxycycline since August 2014 and was getting my hip pain and carpal tunnel pain in my hands, so I decided to get a shot of steroid. I had gotten one before a year or so ago when again I had stopped taking my mino. After about 5 days of getting the shot, I stared getting terrible muscle spasms in my feet, legs and hands. I drank Gatorade and tonic water to see if that would help. It didn’t. I took one 50 mg doxycycline and the spasms stopped! After about 12 hours the spasms returned, but not as bad.

What I think must have happened is the steroid weakened my immune system and the bacteria started making toxins. Then after I started the doxycycline, it contained the bacteria again. Now, I will stay on the doxycline for awhile to let my immune system get stronger.

All of my labs were very good this year. From looking at them, i dont think a doctor would suspect I had anything wrong with me. The bluing on my face has almost gone since I stopped the mino. My only complaint has been the hip pain which occurred mostly at night. I have lost some fat in my face, but part of that could be attributed to age! I am very happy where I am with my health.

Thanks again to all on Roadback.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.