Home Forums General Discussion Relapsing due to inability to obtain brand Minocin

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  redrock 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RJR1066
    Participant

Hi Phil and all…the MINOCIN merry go round continues. It is so frustrating. I am wondering what people are suggesting now? I started on brand name MINOCIN almost 5 years ago and it worked wonderfully for me. I was able to get Minomycin for a few years from New Zealand when Valeant price MINOCIN out of reach. Then NZ stopped supplying Canadian pharmacies-and limited dispensing to patients with a scrip from a NZ doctor. So, then I began using Aknemin from the UK (dispensed through Canada) and now they can’t get that anymore either. My local Walmart carries PAR and Torrent. What would you all suggest? I have read mixed on both. I’m thinking I should also ask my doc for Zithro just in case…..these generics don’t seem to have the horsepower the brand name had. I have felt wonderful for 3 1/2 years….virtually symptom free except for mild raynauds. It is soooooooooo frustrating the hoops we have to go through! Who wants to slide backwards?
    I appreciate any and all suggestions.

redrock
    Participant

Hi Phil and all…the MINOCIN merry go round continues. It is so frustrating. I am wondering what people are suggesting now? I started on brand name MINOCIN almost 5 years ago and it worked wonderfully for me. I was able to get Minomycin for a few years from New Zealand when Valeant price MINOCIN out of reach. Then NZ stopped supplying Canadian pharmacies-and limited dispensing to patients with a scrip from a NZ doctor. So, then I began using Aknemin from the UK (dispensed through Canada) and now they can’t get that anymore either. My local Walmart carries PAR and Torrent. What would you all suggest? I have read mixed on both. I’m thinking I should also ask my doc for Zithro just in case…..these generics don’t seem to have the horsepower the brand name had. I have felt wonderful for 3 1/2 years….virtually symptom free except for mild raynauds. It is soooooooooo frustrating the hoops we have to go through! Who wants to slide backwards?
    I appreciate any and all suggestions.

I’ve been on generic par minocycline for about a month. I have no idea how I’m doing because I’m an asymptomatic CRESTer. It cost me $135 for a 6 months supply, which I guess is not awful, but it’s a GENERIC, and I used to pay $150 for BRAND. I will get a blood test in a couple months and report back. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.