Home Forums General Discussion Reactive Arthritis Caused by Chlamydia Bacteria

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Results of this one will be interesting to watch in the coming months.

Combination Antibiotic Treatment for Reactive Arthritis Caused by Chlamydia Bacteria

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00351273?recr=open&cond=%22Arthritis%22&rank=25

Peace, Maz

A Friend
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

Results of this one will be interesting to watch in the coming months.

Combination Antibiotic Treatment for Reactive Arthritis Caused by Chlamydia Bacteria

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00351273?recr=open&cond=%22Arthritis%22&rank=25

Peace, Maz

Maz,

A very interesting link I found this morning “dove tails” with the great link you've posted above. 

The following link goes indepth about Chlamydia bacteria and H Pylori bacteria concerning the heart and other major systems of the body which, in my opinion, are important in this treatment.  Decided it was a keeper, so I still had it. 

http://www.positivehealth.com/Reviews/books/bland51.htm

AF

Maz
    Keymaster

AF, great article and so much info to absorb! I had heard about sudden cardiac death in young athletes (read a news article about it a year or so ago), which concerned me because my daughter trains so hard on a daily basis for competitive swimming. It's a concern for all competitive athletes who train for hours, I gather. What I didn't know was that the correlation had been made with low cholesterol levels, so this is something we can definitely watch out for. Pediatricans are at least checking kids now for this at their annual physical.

You know, long ago…when I was at school in England and studying social biology for college entry, I remember learning that all inflammation is caused by injury or infection (one of the few things I do remember!). This has always remained with me and seems that, after some decades of detouring in medicine, it's finally coming back circle to the infection connection and inflammation.

I should also mention that I did see that the NEJM had written an article (I think it was published sometime in 2005) denying the connection of chlamydia pneumoniae infection with heart disease…so it's interesting that this study is underway now.

Thanks for sharing…some good info in there about supps, too. 😀

Peace, Maz

richmelb
    Participant

Hi there,

So it says this trial has been completed however i can't see the results anywhere. any idea?

cheers
    rich

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

It can take a while to see results published from studies…sometimes a year or two, as happened with MIRA. I think it's to do with data collation, statistical analysis, protection rights (sometimes patenting findings!), peer reviewing, etc. Sometimes it's even to do with timing. Published too early, the results may be overshadowed by some other study…published too late, results may be viewed by peers as defunct. It's a delicate balancing act for researchers, as they want to ensure future funding.

In the meantime, we sit and wait and chew the cud…

Peace, Maz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Reactive Arthritis Caused by Chlamydia Bacteria’ is closed to new replies.