Home Forums General Discussion Question about Clindamycin taken orally

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kimber3
    Participant

Hi,
    I have scleroderma. Been following you folks for about one year. Found a Doctor that is willing to work with me.
    He has never done Dr. Browns protocol but is familiar with Clindamycin and Doxycycline. He is unable to do the Clindamycin IV at this time so ordered one or two tablets of 300 mg orally once a week. He also ordered the doxycycline 100 mg twice a day three times a week. Does this seem correct? I am anxious to start but apprehensive at the the time. I guess I need some reassuring.
    Thank you

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Kimber;
    I have SD also with a side dish of Lyme.The standard protocol for SD is 200mg a day of minocycline as Doxy does not work as well,so much slower and we can’t afford to waste too much time with this nasty disease.I did take take clindamycin I.V s and oral and found oral worked just as wellbut you have to take it with food as it’s very hard on the stomach.I took it for 4 days a week once a month for 6 months.My dose was 300mg day 1,600 on day 2,900 on day 3 and 1200 on day 4. It worked well for me but others might have used an other protocol.

Kimber3
    Participant

Thank you Lynn,
    After you took the oral for four days then you started your minocycline?
    How long have you been on AP? How are you doing with it?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I took the mino all the time.I have been on AP almost 19 years and am just fine now.It took 2 years to get my body back and close to 4 for my clawed hands to get full finger dexterity back.For the last three or four years I have only needed 100mg mino every day or two and switched to doxy 2 years ago and can often get by on only 100mg every other day.If I forget to take it for 4 or 5 days I get the burning feeling in my hands that reminds me pretty fast to get back on it.It ony takes two days to revert to normal.

kater
    Participant

I started on Mino 100mg twice a day and 1200mg Clindy on Saturdays. Much later I found Clindy Iv. If you feel uncertain you can build up slowly and see how you feel but those are not high dosings. Just make sure to detox heavily and take probiotics. Yes if at all possible switch to Mino.
    Work on dietary improvement– anti inflammatory. It helps greatly.
    best to you
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

richie
    Participant

200 mg daily of minocycline is more or less the standard for scleroderma –This dose was initiated about 20 years ago to replace the MWF protocol and clindy ivs -I used the doctor who really started the trend of 200 daily and no clindy —it has worked just fine –complete remission–I still take the full dose as relapse is always a possibility —

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.