Home Forums General Discussion Peanut oil rub

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Here's a natural remedy for joint and muscle pain: peanut oil. Do not take the peanut oil internally. Instead, rub it on sore joints and muscles. It's probably a good idea to rub it on joints that aren't sore as well, to help protect them.

I tried this once and it seemed to work. I didn't stick with it, though, because it was kind of messy. If I had been in more pain I think I would have been more motivated to keep using it.

What I should have done was transfer some of the oil to a large glass medicine dropper bottle. That would have made the oil easier to work with. An empty baby oil or suntan oil bottle probably would have also worked.

It may not be a cure, but if it helps you enough that you can get by with a lower dose of an NSAID, or prednisone, or whatever, or avoid the nastier drugs completely, then it's a good thing. Of course, if you are highly allergic to peanuts then it might be best not to try this remedy (or use caution).

For more information, see:
    http://www.meridianinstitute.com/echerb/files/1peanut.html
    http://books.google.com/books?id=nZHTAJDgozoC&pg=PA180&lpg=PA180
    http://books.google.com/books?id=987mEh5UVLsC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi

Dont know about this one –the source is Edgar Cayce who was is not a medical or physical therapy person at all —-Rubs are very helpful and finding an effective one is a challenge –if the peanut oil works for you good !!! I found a great rub that was recommended to me –its a professional physical therapists or trainers product called octogen —

Richie

Trisha
    Participant

Hi Richie:

How effective is Octogen?  Where can I get it if I want to try?  How much does it cost?

Trisha

Nickie_M
    Participant

Hi Richie, I've Googled “octogen” and can't seem to locate anything related to a massage product.  Would I find it under a different name? 

Nickie

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1317]Nickie_M[/user] wrote:

Hi Richie, I've Googled “octogen” and can't seem to locate anything related to a massage product.  Would I find it under a different name? 

Nickie

Here is the website–very difficult to find–need to put in the product and skin cream when Googling:

http://www.octogenpharma.com/Products.html

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Nickie_M
    Participant

Thanks Trudi!!  😀  p.s. The testimonials are interesting. :blush:

Nickie 

richie
    Participant

Hi

Go to http://www.octogen.com –I use the red label rub  called octogen 2 –I order the large tub for about 30.00 –lasts about 3 months or more –a little goes a long way =-

richie

richie
    Participant

Hi

Thank goodness the product is better than the website !!!!

richie

Nickie_M
    Participant

[user=16]richie[/user] wrote:

Hi

Thank goodness the product is better than the website !!!!

richie

Hi Richie,

Yes,  thank goodness for that AND for your terrific sense of humour. :roll-laugh:  nickie

Trisha
    Participant

Hi Everyone:

I just finished orderding Octogen from the manufacturer.  He gave me the scoop on why there's so much trouble finding his website which is too detailed for me to go into right now but he's a sweet elderly man and after talking to him I'm excited to try his product.  http://www.octogen.com is NOT the website you want.  That was the correct site but, due to some legal problems, it's been changed to the one that Trudi gave us…the one with pharma in the site name which I cannot now see as I'm typing. 

Went back to post to see site name.  It's http://www.octogenpharma.com

Trisha

Nickie_M
    Participant

Hi Trisha,
    I'm wondering if you could tell me whether or not it is an all natural cream; how much it was; and if the 1-800 number is the only way to order.  Thanks, Nickie

Trisha
    Participant

Hi Nickie:

I'm sorry this post comes to you a bit late.  I don't go to RB daily anymore.  Anyway,    I threw out the paper that I had written the ingredients on but I recall that there were 4 main ingredients, one of which was gum spirits of turpentine (not the turpentine that removes paint), camphor, some type of salicylate…maybe menthol salicylate and one other ingredient that  I cannot now recall but I know it was not capsicum.  The maker of Octogen said the “The Yankees” use this stuff as well as many other sports teams.  It was once available only as a prescription. 

Would there be a problem for you using the 1-800 #?  There is another phone # if you are still interested.  I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by saying this, but I am getting this product free.  The elderly man I spoke of was very talkative…I had a verrrrrry long conversation with him & he said he would not charge me because I had helped him with a problem he was having with his websites.  The price is normally $32.95 plus shpg.  The RED label is the one I'm most interested in as it does not stain clothing and the fumes dissipate after approx. a half hour.  The skin has to be moist with open pores before application…best used after a  bath or shower.

Trisha

Nickie_M
    Participant

Trisha, 

Thanks a lot for the info.  Using the 1-800 # would not be problematic at all for me.    And…I am interested to give this a whirl. (I hope they ship to Canada.) 😕

I had ordered a product last year called, “Joint Medic”, (made by Aarisse that has all natural and herbal ingredients), that I was quite pleased with, but I think a change is sometimes 'better than a rest'.

If you think of it, please let me know your evaluation of this product since you will receive it and use it much earlier than I.

Take care, Nickie

Trisha
    Participant

You're welcome, Nickie.  I would think they ship to Canada, though not sure.  I will let you know how Octogen works…have had lots of pain, swelling, & stiffness lately & so I'm anxious to try.  If Octogen disappoints me maybe I'll try 'Joint Medic' since you were pleased with it. 

Here's hoping…Trisha

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1317]Nickie_M[/user] wrote:

I think a change is sometimes 'better than a rest'.

Hi Nickie–

Next time you need a change, here is a product that my nephew highly recommends:

http://www.bonebutter.com/index.html

It's made in Canada 🙂 and sold by the BoneButter Corporation right here in Oconomowoc, WI–my neighbors to the west.

When he first gave it to me, I had so many aches I probably would have used up the entire bottle at one sitting.  I forgot about it and just came across it–applied some to my knees, and so far so good.  As the testimonials say, there is no smell and it absorbs into the skin completely–no grease, etc.

Anyway, I remembered this thread and thought I'd pass it on.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Peanut oil rub’ is closed to new replies.