Home Forums General Discussion New comer from Malaysia, and AP doctor?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chuan1983
    Participant

New comer, my wife have scleroderma not sure is diffuse or limited. May want to try out AP. But we live in malaysia. Not sure any AP Doc around. Is possible to get general Doc to prescribe the minocin?

Chuan1983
    Participant

Any AP doctor recommend? Urgently

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Chuan,

I saw that you had accessed the automated doc system yesterday and will have received the one doc listed for Malaysia via email. So sorry there isn’t a greater selection for you. We also don’t have many people from Malaysia that visit this forum unfortunately, but you can try the search box above to look for any past Malaysian posters you could then private message.

I usually try to follow up with folks from abroad because many people do have to find a local doc or travel to one who is open to helping them with the protocol. You can also print the resources on the main site to explain what is needed to a doc who is new to the therapy. So, in answer to your question, yes, it’s possible for you to seek out a doc to help your Wife with the treatment and many have done this if their current rheumatologist cannot help. It just takes some legwork on the part of the patient or their advocate. Any doc with a medical license to prescribe medications can help, as minocycline is a common antibiotic used to treat acne.

The foundation doc lists rely on patients telling volunteers of docs that they have found and believe will help others with the treatment. I think the one doc in Malaysia was listed because he had RA and used AP for himself. As no one has recently shared any info with us from Malaysia, we are not even sure if the currently-listed doc can still help. If you discover anything, we would be so grateful to know in order to share this info with other rheumatic patients in your country. You can private message me with any info you discover or email to: feedback@roadback.org. Very sorry not to be of more help, Chuan, but we are here if you do find a doc and any shared patient experience of the treatment is needed, once she gets started on her road back.

Road Back Foundation is kept alive solely by patient-volunteers, so our information on docs is only as current as the patient feedback that is received.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.