Home Forums General Discussion Monolaurin Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I would just like to followup on a post that I made on June 16 2018 that Monolaurin is definitely making a difference for me.

I had started it that month at the direction of my LLMD and after gradually ramping up to the full dose noticed a reduction in tendon inflammation as well as disappearance of geographic tongue and this weird dry/flakey lip condition that is INTENSELY bothersome for me. As a sidenote I have noticed in the past with my diet that these 3 symptoms come and go together and can be triggered by eating certain trigger foods, specifically certain starches, which leads me to suspect it may perhaps even be something akin to SIBO going on.

When my monolaurin supply ran out I didn’t get more immediately (you know that state when you are feeling so much better that you get lax about things) – I went a number of weeks without using the monolaurin. Well I’ve felt recently then that I really began to backslide and was feeling quite bad again to the point of turning a suspicious eye to the manufacturer of the Mino I’m using. But then I decided to go back to doing exactly what I was doing when I felt better and remembered the monolaurin and started it again (3 full scoops daily, one immediately after each meal). Well after day 1 already my weird dry flaky lips softened to normal and tendons didn’t hurt nearly so much. After 1 week of full dosing I’m feeling quite great again. I am not even being particularly “good” on my diet so it’s not that. I ate 3 S’mores (!!!! SO BAD!!!) yesterday and expected to really pay for it but… this morning, no problems and feel great.

I just thought I’d share in case anyone is looking to try a new supplement! I’m going to keep on it and will report again in a couple months. My LLMD has specifically recommended I used one called Ultimate Monolaurin so that’s what I’ve been taking.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Maz
    Keymaster

Pinkmoth, it’s wonderful to hear this news and that you have identified what was likely ailing you. It’s certainly one grand puzzle to wellness but finding and sharing your success could help many others in the same boat! Thank you and keep feeling great! You so deserve good health with all your life still before you while giving back to others by volunteering for RBF!

Spiffy1

Thank you for this info. I have two canisters of it on my shelf. I use to never miss. It has been months since I used it. I must get back on my supplements. I am actually taken nothing right now except LDN and Minocycline. I also occasionally take my daily vitamins that have the correct methyl groups. I went through a period of extreme heart palpitations that were very scary so I got off everything. They stopped and I have been a little reluctant to start adding things back in. This includes probiotics. But weirdly enough my digestion is doing fine and I can’t tell any difference. I know I need to start back…especially the probiotics. Maybe when we get back on a schedule. Thanks again for this post. In studying it, it does seem to do amazing things.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Hi spiff,
    I know what you mean about wanting to do a supplement washout because something weird is happening and you can’t tell what’s causing it because at some point, you’re taking so many supps.
    I have done the same thing at one time.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Spiffy1

Just need to get brave and start adding back!!!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.