Home Forums General Discussion Mino brands in Canada

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    monmar
    Participant

Hi!

Just wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a reliable generic/brand of mino. here in Canada? I was on it for 8 months where suddenly it stopped working. I’m in the process of finding out which brand I was taking. Please let me know, any info is always helpful!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi;
    I live near Montreal and get Teva brand.It works perfectly for me.

kater
    Participant

Yes to Teva, I am not so fond of APO
    good luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

GettingBetter
    Participant

Hi monmar,

I’m new here, reading up a storm. Just read that it’s good to develop a relationship with a local independent pharmacy so they will get you what you need.

I have in my notes (this is not from my own experience) that in Canada – Teva brand, Actavis, and Watson Generic have worked for some people.

I also read to find out where the mino is being made.

monmar
    Participant

Thank you for that! I will definitely look into it! 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

It is getting pretty hard to find true North American manufacturers for many drugs.I know that most ingredients come from India and some from China.They come in big plastic bags set in a box(like kitty litter) and then mixed and encapsulated here. I wish that the C.F.I.A would be able to do a quality check on every box but that would be impossible unless the Gov. could hire a few more scientist which in turn would probably raise the cost of drugs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.