Home Forums General Discussion Microplasma testing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Boris
    Participant

Hi, I went to Qwest for a Microplasma test and my result came in very low, less than 67 u/ml. Are the microplasma hiding and not showing up in the blood at all or is Qwest not the best place to test for Microplasma? Has anyone experienced a similar thing?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Boris wrote:

Hi, I went to Qwest for a Microplasma test and my result came in very low, less than 67 u/ml. Are the microplasma hiding and not showing up in the blood at all or is Qwest not the best place to test for Microplasma? Has anyone experienced a similar thing?

Hi Boris,

What strains of mycoplasma did you get tested for?

You might find the following article interesting, as well as the Baseman and Tulley paper that is linked in the article.

http://www.rain-tree.com/myco.htm#.VcLZHWd0zIU

Here is a link to the lab that Dr. Brown used and they test for a number of strains, as well as the chlamydias and strep:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2069#p77732

Boris
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I tested for Microplasma Pneumoniae. I did test for previous infection IGG but IGM was the 67 so apparently I developed an antibody against it. That is what it says on the test result anyway-:).

I see the 1st article, does one usually test for all the Microplasmas having to do with autoimmune?

I don’t think I have authorization to get into the second link.

Thank you kindly!

Taco
    Participant

My wife went to Quest and tested positive for mycoplasma. She tested positive for mycoplasma pneumonia. She also tested negative for RA for which she has been receiving treatments for the last 7-8 years or more. I guess it depends on the test run and the doctor. My wife said they took 14 separate vials of blood for testing. This was done 2 weeks ago.

Boris
    Participant

That’s an interesting result! Did your wife test for other categories of mycoplasmas?

Taco
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. That was the only mycoplasm test. Her mycoplasm levels were three times the norm. They tested for helicobactor Pylori which came up negative. They also tested for Lyme also negative. They tested for candida at my request which was very positive. Her immune system is weak and her thyrhoid is borderline. In all they ran over 14 tests. I was happy with the tests they ran but not the treatment. Two months doxycycline and one month break for the mycoplasma.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.