Home Forums General Discussion Methotrexate & AP

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Phil, what is your reasoning behind MWF with LDN?

I would do it for the simple reason that it can be done. When you take LDN you are literally changing your body — taking LDN causes the number of endorphin receptors on your cells to increase. That kind of change does not go away quickly, so it isn’t absolutely necessary to take LDN every day. I am not saying that pulsing LDN is superior to taking it every day, only that I would probably take it that way. Actually, to be honest I would probably try both daily dosing and pulsed dosing so I could compare them.

The reason for nighttime dosing I was told is because we make more endorphins between 2 and 4 am and the LDN blocks the endorphin receptors during that time so our body is tricked into making even more. When those receptors are opened up again they receive the endorphins and then the patient has more circulating in the blood promoting the healing effects.

Yes, I know about that explanation — it’s some (unknown) person’s “theory” or hypothesis as to why LDN is taken at bedtime. But the truth is another matter. Dr. Zagon said that he’s the one who started the whole “take LDN at bedtime” thing. The reason Dr. Zagon suggested taking LDN at bedtime is because the temporary blockade of endorphins caused by LDN can be unpleasant, and he figured that by taking it at bedtime people could avoid experiencing most of those unpleasant effects (because they would be asleep).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy1

Interesting. Thanks, Phil.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Linda L
    Participant

Ali,
    When I had problems with my lungs /pneumonia/ a doctor told me to take NAC. Have you tried it?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Ali
    Participant

Linda L,
    Never heard of NAC.
    Is this what you are referring too?
    N-Acetyl Cysteine, also known as NAC, is an altered version of Cysteine. Cysteine is an amino acid containing sulfur. It says in a report byy replenishing Glutathione in the lungs, NAC works to decrease oxidative damage and tissue damage.

What other benefits did you get from it? Are you always taking it?

Interesting use for it in other reports. Don’t kow whether it is approved for treatments here in Australia though!

Thanks Alison

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Ali
    You’ll find lots of posts on N-AC if you search for them. It’s a pretty great amino acid. I’ve taken it for a number of years for liver and lung support. Seems to not matter which brand you take. There’s no issue legally with taking it in Australia, it’s just not sold OTC here.I order mine from iherb (currently take NOW brand 250 x 600mg capsules) and I take 600mg twice daily.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.