Home Forums General Discussion Key Pounds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Hey Key,

I was just wondering how you are doing, we haven't heard from you much lately.
    Hope all is well,

linda

Key Pounds
    Participant

Hey Linda, 

I have been trying to get hormones adjusted!  It has been rough but I am getting there.  Still off mino. and seem to be holding pretty good.

How about you?  are you ok?  I have been  wondering about you!!

Love ya a ton!

Key

linda
    Participant

So glad to hear from you! You and I are in the same boat but for different reasons; I'm currently not on abx because of these unrelenting tummy troubles. I've hit some rough seas lately, it's taken 10 weeks to get all of the insurance and financial aid paperwork in order before i can start the remicade. Pretty frustrating since it only takes 2-3 months for it to start working; If I had started the therapy in Dec as was my original plan, I could be getting better by now and reducing the pred and mobic so my tummy can heal and I can start back on abx. All the paperwork has been submited to all the right places and people for 1.5 weeks now, and I've made numerous phone calls to the infusion clinic to set up an appt, but so far no one has returned my calls. If I have not heard from someone by noon today, I'm going down the the clinic and camping out til they give me an appt. I may even cause a…da da dum…scene!

Y'all, I've about had it up to here with the healthcare system! :headbang:
    Is it just AZ, or other places as well? I love my doc, it's the staff I'm frustrated with. I don't mean to sound biased, but i never had these problems in good ol' San Antone. Can't wait to get back there- us Texans should get together and throw an AP party for everyone here at RBF.

In your biohormone therapy, is Vit D addressed? I'm curious as to what the biohormone camp is saying about it. I don't know if you've been following the thread here on vit. D supplements, it's been very interesting.

linda

Key Pounds
    Participant

What made you decide on remicade?  is this the first conventional med?  I know that some ins. can be a pain in the tail! 

I am sorry to hear about your tummy troubles!  I truly believe that once your tummy heals that you will feel better all over!  The tummy is such a gateway for your meds and absorption of supplements and etc.  

When are you getting back to the best state in the nation?  and yes I have often thought about somehow getting together with all the RBF folks!  It would be great to have a convention type get-together! 

I haven't really heard much on the vit. D stuff.  My doc just always tells me to get in the sun when I can!  I am a sun soaker anyway, and I can always tell a difference in the way I feel after a day outside!  I feel great!      

Hollar back and so good to hear from you!

Key

linda
    Participant

Hallelujah! I just got back from harassing the infusion clinic, I have an appt tomorrow at ten.

I've been on MTX, Enbrel, Remicade and Humira in the past (not all at once).  I tapered off the Humira when I started AP a little over a year ago. My new doc decided on Remicade because the dose and frequency can be adjusted, and we're adding MTX as it is supposed to prevent antibodies from forming against the Remicade. All of them eventually lost effectiveness because of these antibodies. Thank goodness this time I'm not planning on long term therapy, just long enough to get my tummy better or start IV abx. You know what they say, tho, Women plan and God laughs.;)

I can't get insurance in TX, so I can't move back until I'm well enough to work part-time and obtain a group insurance plan. Az has a HIPAA law the prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions.  Unfortunately, they failed to put a cap on how much these insurance companies can charge for premiums, so I'm paying thru the nose right now. I have 5 months left on my lease, I hope I don't have to renew it.

Here's to Texas!   linda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Key Pounds’ is closed to new replies.