Home Forums General Discussion Inflammation while on elimination diet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

Hi
    I am posting this for a friend with RA who is a week into an elimination and appears to be worse – more pain and swelling, plus fluid down one leg. I wondered if anyone had ever experienced this, or knew where she could go to get advice. She is going to her doc on Mon, but they will only give pain killers etc (she is on Methox).
    Would appreciate any thoughts, if anyone can help.
    Thanks
    Cath

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

jasregadoo

Cathlo, I’ve not tried elimination diets (beyond three weeks I tried gluten free and one dairy free), so I don’t know the answer to your question from experience. But I did look online and found this page, which suggests that sometimes people do feel worse before they feel better.
    http://pilatesnutritionist.com/top-10-elimination-diet-mistakes/

Maybe some of the people here who have had success with changing their diets will have a thought.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cath,

I am posting this for a friend with RA who is a week into an elimination and appears to be worse – more pain and swelling, plus fluid down one leg. I wondered if anyone had ever experienced this, or knew where she could go to get advice.

What has she been eating during this first week of her elimination diet?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Cathlo
    Participant

Thanks for that link. She has been following the Clint Paddison diet – it is quite strict elimination, and then slowly reintroduce things. You can email Clint – though for a price – and who really the knows the intricacies of RA and how each individual’s reacts to any given food/change.

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

PhilC
    Participant

This article may be helpful:
    The Elimination Diet A Foolproof Way of Diagnosing Food Intolerance

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.