Home Forums General Discussion Fasting clinic to reverse autoimmune

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

Interesting Article in UK Sat Times magazine re fasting reversing autoimmune illnesses. The reporter goes to Buchinger Wilhelmi clinic by Lake Constance in Germany for a week’s fast. Lots of info re Professor Valter Longo _ how if mice made to fast for three days, their bone marrow started to produce new stem cells. Occasional three day fasts over 6 months left the mice with completely rejuvenated immune systems.
    A week’s stay at clinic cost 2k plus. However, Longo is waiting for final approval from America’s Food and Drug admistration for approval of his Fast Day Fast Mimicking Diet (FMD) _ a5 day programme of shakes and soups all from real food. Approval of FMD hoped for this autum. Would cost 165 pounds.

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

richie
    Participant

I dont see how the FDA would be involved –if it is only food –no reason for the FDA
    Richie

kaz
    Participant

wow that is really interesting. thanks. but I think I’ll skip the clinic and just introduce fasting into my life… would like to hear of your experience if you decide to visit though. Best of luck.

Lizz
    Participant

Dr. Mercola posts a lot on his website about intermittent fasting. I have been following it for over a year now and feel the health benefits. Once you get used to it, it’s not that difficult.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.