Home Forums General Discussion En coup de sabre- AP therapy?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alsn13
    Participant

Hi,
    I am 29 years old female,living in Vancouver, Canada. I have been diagnosed with linear scleroderma (morphea/en coup de sabre) for about 19 years. Currently I can find an ident on my scalp, forehead, right side of my cheek a little bit, nose,lips and chin. I can find some shinny spots on my forehead here and there too. Discolouration on my forehead (visible) and nose a bit.
    I had been on methotrexate in the past..on and off but not anymore as I was afraid of side effects and I could not really tell it really stops the progression of my disease. Nowadays, symptoms seem to appear more on my face. I would like to know if AP will work for my case. Also, where do I find a right doctor in Vancouver? What test do I need to get? Where do I go to take those tests? Please help me.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi alsn,

You’re all set now and your first post has been moderated and approved, so you should now be able to private message the two people mentioned in my email to you. Hope the other info was helpful, too.

There are a few people who have posted here about en coup de sabre and two mothers of young sons who have been successfully using AP for them. So, if you want, you can use the search box at the top of the forum on the main page to look through past discussion threads on “en coup de sabre.” As you are an adult, you should be fine using minocycline (not recommended for small children), but penicillin has had some good effect in younger ones, too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.