Home Forums General Discussion Embarrassing Article on Lyme in BC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

This just of the press in our Victoria paper. Aside from the fact the provincial lab test is inadequate, doctors are not even reporting Lyme. 😳
    http://www.timescolonist.com/health/doctors+under+reporting+cases+Lyme+disease+survey/6538270/story.html
    Interesting article but very frustrating!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Maz
    Keymaster

@kater wrote:

This just of the press in our Victoria paper. Aside from the fact the provincial lab test is inadequate, doctors are not even reporting Lyme. 😳
    http://www.timescolonist.com/health/doctors+under+reporting+cases+Lyme+disease+survey/6538270/story.html
    Interesting article but very frustrating!
    kate

Yea, can definitely understand how you feel, Kate. I was thinking while reading it, though, that it was great that acknowledgment was given to the “chronic” form of Lyme and that it can have serious consequences, including death. I think part of the problem with physician reporting of Lyme disease (which is also a problem everywhere in the US, including CT, which is shameful) is that physicians who actually do report a lot of Lyme and are treating it will raise a red flag to insurance companies and health depts and end up being targeted. 🙁

Thanks for sharing the article…it will be interesting how well the new “chronic and complex disease clinic at B.C. Women

kater
    Participant

Dear Maz
    you always have such a lovely way of seeing the good in things 😀
    I know a major problem is the testing; while a physician may report a positive from the provincial lab, I seriously doubt many will report a positive from Igenex!!
    I had not heard optimistic things about the Chronic disease clinic but when I went to the local Lyme meeting last week people were excited about it because they said a good director had been appointed and it was to open in May. That is not what it says in the article though (and my hearing is so lousy I get things confused on occasion!) so I will keep you posted as things unfold.
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

matv
    Participant

Kate, can you let me know about the next meeting? When is it? Anyways I will try to go to it as well. I knew about the clinic but am skeptical because I am doubtful of it because it’s provincially run.. conventionally even.. we’ll see. Like Maz said though at least acknowledgement of the more controversial aspects are noticed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.