Home Forums General Discussion Elevated White blood cells

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on my bloods, have been on abx for 3 and half weeks when I had my bloods checked, and on receiving the results today, my Lymphocytes and Monocytes (white blood cells) were much higher than than the normal range. On looking back over my past results, which were all in the normal range, I was just wondering if this is a good sign that the abx is attacking the mycoplasmas.

A extract from “The New Arthritis Breakthrough” page 152 reads “that rise in lympatic activity is an excellent gauge of the progress of treatment for RA” my interpretation to that extract is the abx is doing its work!………. Am I wrong?

I would love to hear your views on this!……………Annie.

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Maz
    Keymaster

Pretty good deduction! 😀  On the main website, under “Historical Protocol” and the herxheimer reaction, it outlines the bloodmarkers that commonly elevate during a herx:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-51540

My WBC was elevated significantly in the first 8 months of so of heavy antibiotics for Lyme. This came down as the infection was controlled and remains down on AP. My Lyme doc said an elevated WBC is a sign of infection (white blood cells attacking) and increased inflammation due to a herx.

Peace, Maz

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I was so excited reading your reply, that site is exactly what I have been looking for to confirm my elevated WBC,  I must have googled that many sites yesterday and all the time it was under my nose, I will have to get more organised with these important notes.

Thanks again Maz, your reply stopped me going around the bend looking for answers on the net, I can't rest until I have it in black and white………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Annie,

You'd already got there with your clever deduction…the website link was just a confirmation. That's pretty good going to figure that out so early on! You're really on a roll with this, because sometimes it can be hardest to see what is going on for ourselves, but it's clear as day when it's someone else! At least that's been my experience.

Sounds like you're making progress and on track with your bloodmarkers! Sometimes these improve before we do or vice-versa, so they can be helpful guides in some respects, but it's how we're feeling that really counts. 😉

Peace, Maz

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I have been giving this 100%, I have gone from never using this computer to never getting off.  I do everything the same, like a steamroller out of control, I have been compared to. But I have to give this board and another that I visit, credit for putting me on the right track and giving me the confidence to finally start on this road back to the person I was.

I was so down about myself and couldn't see any future, with the meds just making me sicker and not giving me much relief. I was actually getting and looking older before I was ready.

I know I have only just begun and won't get too cocky, but it was certainly helpful knowing that something was going on since taking the Abx, I had done so much reading on the herxing and was patiently waiting for my first,  especially after reading a lot of newbies were having one. I thought just my luck, like the conventional meds, this isin't working for me either. I guessed wrong…………….Annie

Maz
    Keymaster

Annie, I give you a lot of credit….it's very challenging facing these diseases and being our own health advocate, learning everything possible about how to help ourselves heal while being so low. You're doing it, though, and such an inspiration to others! 

Rockin Annie Rocks!!!!!!!

Peace, Maz

Baskettwin
    Participant

Hi Annie, It took me awhile to get to this post for some reason. Thanks AFriend for leaving a bread crumb trail to get here 🙂

It will be interesting to see what my white blood count will be next test. Mine has ran high for many years. I would guess maybe 17 years that I know of. Been up to 11,000-12,000. My platelet count is high also. My ND has me on 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice a day. I had to call back and ask what the lemon juice was for…..

That said Annie we are all on the road to feeling well again.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and all the gang here.

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Maz, thanks for your kind words, you have inspired me ever since visiting this board, it never ceased to amaze me how, even though you have your own problems, you are never far away and can always be relied upon for help!

…………..enough of the soft soaping now, and yes Rockin Annie keeps on rockin!, I am a bit tired from doing a dance workshop yesterday/last night, but feel great………..hugs to you……..Annie

Basketwin, thanks as well, for your reply, I don't know why you couldn't open the thread, I haven't had that trouble yet, I had a bit of trouble posting new topics, they would end up in the funniest places, :roll-laugh:guess its because I am new at this.

I used to hate having my bloods done, (hate needles like most) but now I look forward to them, so I can check my markers. I can't relate to your readings, maybe different countries. It will be interesting so check your new levels being on Abx, please let us know when you get the results. I also add lemon to my drinking water daily………..thanks for the hug and ditto…………Annie 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Elevated White blood cells’ is closed to new replies.