Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Diffuse Systemic scleroderma with severe pulmonary fibrosis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kramstine
    Participant

Diffuse Systemic scleroderma with severe pulmonary fibrosis

April 2008

My name is Kristine. I use my nickname Kramstine. Kram means hug in Danish which is the language we speak in my country Denmark. I am 31 years old. Here is my history before AP:

In the autumn 2001 I was diagnosed with Diffuse Systemic Scleroderma[/b]. My symptoms started the same year in spring. First I felt heartburn for no good reason and started waking up with stiff, swollen hands/fingers in the morning (this continued most of the day, and I also developed raynauds syndrome[/b]). This was what made me go to the doctor at first. He didn?t have much to say, but when all my joints (knees, wrists, elboes?) started hurting and I couldn?t walk the stairs without pain, I had another doctor check me. He did some blood tests that showed I had arthritis. From there till the final conclusion, that my disease is scleroderma, there were a lot of testing and a lot of waiting. In the meanwhile I had had a cough that wouldn?t go away and kept me up many nights and gave me difficulties when biking or running or other physical activity. I didn

kramstine
    Participant

April 25-30 ? 2008

First IV Clindamycin treatment:

900 mg x 2 daily.

I felt a lot of nausea and dizziness, I felt a metallic taste in my mouth and got very tired during and after every treatment. This eased off later on. I also had a feeling of being even more out of breath. But on the 4th day I experienced a short feeling of ?normality? in my knees. On the 5th day I had a short feeling of ?softness? in my lungs.

Now I

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.