Home Forums General Discussion Cure for Scleroderma in 2-5 years

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Amle
    Participant

Hello I haven’t posted on the forum before but I do think the article sounds promising. Having a young daughter that has sclera, the thought of a cure in 2 to 5 years gives me hope. We are getting ready to start AP and that makes me feel hopeful too.

Amy

enzed
    Participant

@Denyse wrote:

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

Are there any other antibiotics that have ever worked for anyone here with SD?

Doxycycline can also be used if you think you are developing DILE, this is what is used for Lupus, I had to go on it for about a year till things turned around. Hope this helps

I stopped taking Minocycline and replaced it with Doxycycline when I became intolerant to Mino. Mino caused fluid build up in feet, ankles, knees. The problem reversed after ‘washouts’ but whenever I restarted Mino the same thing happened again.

A few months ago I began to get the same reaction on Doxy. I reduced the Doxy dose severely on the advice of Dr ‘S’ but the problem persisted. I stopped AP in September 2014 so am still having a long washout. The fluid build up is gone. I think i will start Doxy again soon but at a very low dose to begin with and see if the fluid build up reappears.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.