Home Forums General Discussion Could systemic inflammation cause diabetes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

Recently my lab values for sugar levels are little high, morning fast of 116.

I guess that would be prediabetes.

I’m starting to think my high BP and diabetes might be secondary cause than my diet.

Matter of fact I’ve loss 18lb since start of my arthritis

I’m 5 8 and weight 180 lbs. Im not fat, I eat right etc…

Why is this happening to me?

Bedford research said they found multiple strains of bacteria in semen. They will be sending me sequence report in few weeks.

In my last effort to figure out what cause is I have been of doxy for total of 2 weeks.

Next week I have appt with urologist to do one final culture.

My goal is to get back on TMP and Flagyl (since this drug helped most).

I don’t want to take humira. I think this drug is toxic and has cause or might be cause of my shortness of breath and racing heart.

Calida
    Participant

The funny thing about systemic disease is that it causes all sorts of dysfunction that one might think is related to new diseases. My fasting sugar was high in a few labs (~120) but has been normal since the antibiotics addressed the pathogens and inflammation. If you’re like me, air hunger, spikes in heart rate, sugar and BP should return to normal once the inflammation is controlled. Always good to keep on top of testing and follow-ups to be on the safe side.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

worldofme
    Participant

How do you control inflammation when nothing seems to work?

I took humIra which helped but symptoms quickly return in days.

Calida
    Participant

Once your doctor determines what antibiotic, or combination of abx, is best for you, it can take months on that program before you begin to notice that symptoms are disappearing one by one. Dr. Brown allowed for low dose prednisone use early in treatment to reduce inflammation, enabling the antibiotic to reach its target. I believe some people have used a biologic (not available in Dr. Brown’s day) to reduce inflammation until the antibiotic reduces the pathogen population and then the biologic is discontinued. But I have no experience with that so maybe someone who does will see your post.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

PhilC
    Participant

How do you control inflammation when nothing seems to work?

Changing your diet has the potential to bring about a significant reduction in the intensity of your inflammation. Have you made any efforts to eliminate inflammation-provoking foods from your diet?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

Absolutely, Phil! Gluten, egg, and dairy were my big offenders. I carry a celiac gene. Let me tell you…you must eat anti inflammatory foods during this time. You ought to have someone do the Cyrex Array 10 or LEAP MRT to find out what foods you may be reacting to. My sugar was around 114…which is not my normal by any means…when I went to the doctor with my first flare. I had also lost 16 pounds down to 121…I am 5’10”. I did not begin to gain my weight back until I changed my diet…even with antibiotics. My sugar was 83 last visit. That was about 1.5 years later from original test. I give much credit to berberine for this. Please research this supplement for yourself. It is amazing!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

To answer your question, systemic inflammation can cause diabetes especially if you have a genetic predisposition to it. I thought about blood sugar when you talked about racing heart and dizziness. It all can be connected. Keep trying to figure it out and let go of people who think it is all in your head…you know your body best. I think I probably still have extended family members (not my immediate family) who think I made the whole thing up, because I had never really been ill before. People were not used to it. Since I still pretty much looked like me, I think they could not understand.I have family members who sort of kid me for finding different doctors to help me. They are big believers in just following your primary Doctor. I really do not talk about it with them because I can feel the aura in the room. Lucky for them, they still just have normal primary care problems. It is amazing how chronic pain can make you look around. I know for sure that I would have been crippled in a corner, emaciated with hives and rashes, a left arm to weak to work, etc. waiting on my regular drugs had I not leArned everything I could and found a doctor who believes in AP. I have been told I am just like my dad…I study everything. I take it as a compliment but I think it bugs them. My dad said you are no different than a dog at the vet if you do not take time to study your condition. Of course, he had PH…not your standard problem for a regular doctor. Even though he tested negative for autoimmune, he was also a special case. We who are prone to autoimmune are simply called to a higher calling. Question everything. Keep going. You really have no other choice. And if for some reason you do not feel successful, do not feel it is because of your attitude not being right. Sometimes the body gets better which helps the brain. A great attitude is worth a lot, but if that is all you needed, my dad would still be alive. Just keep an eye on your goal.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.