Home Forums General Discussion Candida vs. Food Allergies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JenTX
    Participant

Hi all,

I started a candida free diet on Friday, using the food lists on wholeapproach.com.  I already feel a huge difference in my energy level.  I know that I am dealing with candida right now, but I'm wondering, what if I'm feeling so great due to no wheat, dairy, etc.?  How do you know if it's candida or an allergy?  I think I will always be fearful that I'm not taking enough probiotic, eating too much of the stuff that candida feeds off of, etc. (after I have brought foods back into my diet).

Any help?

Jennifer

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Jen, why not get tested for the allergies? It's a simple blood test — a little pricey if your insurance won't cover it — but it gives you a lot of important information. I would never have guessed that I should avoid almonds (a former staple in my diet) or navy beans. I now know I should not drink milk, but I am fine with yogurt.  That's what I would recommend.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

JenTX
    Participant

Do you recommend any particular test?  I have heard some of them give back a high rate of false positives/negatives.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Candida vs. Food Allergies’ is closed to new replies.