Home Forums General Discussion Canadian Pharm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Barb
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Please, I am in need of advice, if possible, bec. I need to order tomorrow.
    Does anyone have knowledge/experience with Canadian Prescription Drugstore?
    Reason I’m asking: Their price is way less than BuyLowDrugs or Northwest Pharm, where I got Aknemin last year.

BuyLow wants $406.00 for 224 Minocin MR (pellet filled) 100mg
    Northwest $354.78 Minocin (Aknemin)
    Canadian $252.00 Minocin MR (brand from UK)

Is this just normal? I would so appreciate someone’s input.
    BTW: I also have a rheumatologist who doesn’t believe in Minocin, although they will prescribe it. They are also trying to persuade me to go on MTX and all the other Biologics. They know, I’m paying out of pocket, they know, I have only Medicare, but still sent the prescription to Walgreen’s, who called me and said that 224 caps would come to $10,000. That made my heart stop for a moment!

Spent the day today “learning” about this site, all the way back to Personal Histories and Progress Threads of 2008. Printed a few of AF’s good posts from the Minocin Search site. Also found in my own papers Richie’s post on March 2003 about mycoplasma in cattle and the website of Lancaster Farming, and cattle being treated with antibiotics. In re-reading this really scary article, I am wondering if all is same-old-same-old. Thanks, Richie and Andrea! Did you ever follow up on it?
    Because of my own terrible condition in 2003, I couldn’t, but now I will.
    Thanks,
    Barb

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Barb
    Sorry you haven’t had a response as yet. I think a lot of people in the US may have taken a long weekend.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Barb,

What illness are you treating?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Barb
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Just RA. It came on full force in 2003, but I possibly have it since childhood.
    Have been on brand Minocin 200mg Mo-We-Fri since then.
    Stopped for 2 yrs in 2011 and it came back pretty bad.
    You might have been the one some years back, who reassured me about Aknemin.
    Nowadays I have no clue what I’m going to get (w. Canadian Prescription Drugstore).
    And with reading a lot of Minocin postings, it might not even matter.

Thanks, Barb

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Barb,

You might have been the one some years back, who reassured me about Aknemin.

You may be right. However, at this time I would not recommend Aknemin (unless you live in Europe and get it from your local pharmacy). At least two people have reported that it lost effectiveness. Aknenim is made by a German company, and is supposedly coming from the UK. People have reported that when their Aknenim started coming from China, it stopped working. Another clue that something had changed is that the pellets went from being hard to soft and crumbly. I suspect counterfeiting.

Nowadays I have no clue what I’m going to get (w. Canadian Prescription Drugstore).

Please keep us updated.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Barb, I just want to let you know that I too have RA and have only ever taken a generic which my insurance will pay for. I first took the TEVA brand which I think is now made by Zydus. But am now taking the Actavis brand (now owned by TEVA). Anyhow, I’ve done well on both. The only one I did not do well on is the Ranbaxy brand. Of course, many people on here are just the opposite…we are all different. But my point is, you might not “have to” have the brand name. I’d hate to make any changes if you didn’t have to…that’s for sure. If it’s working, it’s working. But as a fellow patient I can’t help but wonder if there isn’t a generic that would work just as well. Just a thought.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

redrock
    Participant

Hi, I am just wondering if the OP has an update. I am about to “go Canadian” as well but am fearful of the high price. Just wondering what you ultimately decided and if the order went through okay and if the medication seems to be working.

Denyse
    Participant

Hi actually from what I can see BuyLowDrugs and Canadianprescriptiondrugstore are exactly the same prices, I have been going with Buy Low Drugs and am happy with the MINOCIN MR.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Starr
    Participant

I just saw this post and thought I’d add that I’ve been really happy with Mark’s Marine Pharmacy (https://rxcanada4less.com). I think they’re cheaper that Buylow, which I used to use a long time ago. Mark’s ships quickly and sends you a tracking number.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.