Home Forums General Discussion Blue/grey/purple bruising. How long to go away for most?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    karin1013
    Participant

I have RA. I am currently on Mino and Clindy. But in the past I was just on Zith Tue/Thurs. I got bruises all over from the surgery. Everyone else I know who has the same surgery said they go away in a week or two. So I know mine is Minocycline staining. Had I remembered, I would have switched off the Mino to Doxy or something else before the surgery. I have a call into Dr F. He wants to see me. I will let you all know what he says. Are you you from Australia, or is that the other Lynn?

karin1013
    Participant

Thank you, SS. I will get it checked out to see!!

karin1013
    Participant

I do not know how to chelate. Maz, can you help? do I just take charcoal?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Karin,

There are oral and IV forms of chelation. I’ve tried both, but found IV EDTA too hard (for lead and mercury), so switched to oral DMSA. These forms need to be prescribed and carefully monitored, as well as help given for detox during the process. There are over-the-counter forms of chelation, but I’d still check with a doc. Folks with metal fillings need to be especially careful of DMPS. The goal for most people using chelation is to restore (or preserve) cardiovascular function and to break up microbial biofilm colonies that it is postulated thrive in a heavy metal environment. It’s also used for folks with hypercalcemia and hemochromatosis. Of course, it’s a controversial therapy for other purposes, but perhaps due to lack of study, poor press, and improper administration? There are herbal forms of chelation, and these can be powerful, too:

Herbals for Chelation

I wouldn’t try this without a doc’s oversight, though, Karin…probably the fastest way to get rid of skin hyperpigmentation is laser therapy and the other forms are more of a long term strategy. Just my fellow patient’s two cents…

karin1013
    Participant

Lynn: Is Niacinamide methylated for people with MTHFR 1298C defect? Will I be able to metabolize it?

Thank you!!
    Karin

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Karin;
    I have an MTHFR mutation also.My doc put me on a complete B along with B12 and things eventually normalized.Niacinamide works well for me.

karin1013
    Participant

Lynn, are your B and B12 methylated?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Karin;
    I have no idea as this was discovered many years ago but I had a great AP/environmental med. doctor to care for me.Both of my daughters are the same and it was discoverd when they were pregnant many moons ago.
    I pitched all my medical papers a dozen years ago as I was in remission so long.Think I just kept half a dozen tests results for SD pre AP

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.