Home Forums General Discussion Auto Immune Summit online from tomorrow…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

http://autoimmunesummit.com/

Not sure if anyone has seen this – may be of interest? 38 speakers on ‘preventing and helping reverse’ autoimmune. I have only just seen it, so not had time to check out who all these speakers are… Undoubtedly there will be some snake oil salespeople, but surely there has to be some gems in there too?

Anyone know anything about it?

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

GoinCrazy
    Participant

I just purchased the presentations on flash drive. I follow this group and they put out some quality material. I really doubt there will be any snake oil and I’m looking forward to picking up a few useful nuggets.

Ariel
    Participant

Thank you for sharing. I’m looking forward to listening to the presentations.

A Friend
    Participant

@Cathlo wrote:

http://autoimmunesummit.com/

Not sure if anyone has seen this – may be of interest? 38 speakers on ‘preventing and helping reverse’ autoimmune. I have only just seen it, so not had time to check out who all these speakers are… Undoubtedly there will be some snake oil salespeople, but surely there has to be some gems in there too?

Anyone know anything about it?

Cathlo,
    I have it on good report… no snakeoil at this one… but speaking truth. It is my understanding that on the third day of the Autoimmune Summit, a holistic dentist will be speaking. I believe Dr. Perlmutter will also be speaking at the week-long meeting. I briefly saw him today (Sunday) interviewed by a healthcare practitioner who has a regular program on Fox TV. I also understand this Autoimmune Summit program can be listened to online this week, and a book by a young woman doctor, author of a book with similar title to the event, has a web site. I also understand that recordings of the meeting will be available to order, plus the book. A notice about this meeting arrived recently in Martie Whittekin’s online free newsletter, “Healthy By Nature.” Until the last several years, she had a live radio program Saturday mornings, with outstanding healthcare professionals.

AF

richie
    Participant

HI Very interesting –everyone should really watch this —if a person gets one good idea from it –its well worth it !!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Cathlo, many thanks for posting this video conference link. I really enjoyed watching the talk by Dr. Jeff Bland (research director at the Linus Pauling Institute of Science and Medicine, the cofounder of the Institute for Functional Medicine). Looks like these are only free to view on the day they are transmitted, so will have to do a cramming session.

Some of the docs are recognizable as they run the conference circuits, but there are some interesting new faces. I hope to catch all these talks or as many as I can fit in. 😉 My understanding is that Functional Med docs, on the whole, don’t approve of antibiotic therapy, but they do acknowledge chronic infections as “one nail in the foot” of autoimmunity, amongst many other potentials, such as environmental insults (heavy metals, phenols, etc), low Vit D levels, diet, MTHFR gene mutation, hormones, etc. I liked Dr. Bland’s explanation of how autoimmunity is tripped off, as being that we may blame the one identifiable thing that is like “the straw that broke the camel’s back.” I have always envisioned it as “the last apple to tip the cart,” but it’s pretty much the same thing. Like one of the great Functional LLMD’s says, autoimmune patients usually have about 16 nails in the bottom of their feet and those nails need to be identified and removed, one by one.

The epigenetics approach is fascinating, too. I’ve seen varied estimates of how much genetics plays into autoimmunity – between 10-25%….the rest is the eco-system “pea soup” in which we’re swimming.

mary77
    Participant

Cathlo,
    THANK YOU for posting this information. I have listened to several of the discussions and find them full of important information. Have a pen and paper ready to take notes! Since these talks are available for free on the days they are posted, I have a feeling I will be spending quite a bit of time (in the next 9 days) listening and learning.
    Mary

Cathlo
    Participant

It is fascinating, and really helps reinforce why diet especially, and lifestyle/attitude etc is such an important part of healing.
    I guess they don’t mention antibiotics as they are still a drug, and technically only put you into remission (ie, a lot of people need to keep on taking them), where this summit is focusing on healing the whole.

I spent most of yesterday ‘working’ from home listening to the talks 😉 . I have paid for the download now so can listen at leisure.

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

A Friend
    Participant

For those wanting to know more about holistic dentistry and autoimmune disease, a message was just seen, and will be presenting today. His portion of the Summit will be live at 10 a.m. EST and will be free for 24 hours.
    AF

Trudi
    Participant

Just finished watching the one with the dentist, Dr. Stuart Nunnaly. My hour was very well spent. He mentioned that in the not too far future, they are going to use stem cells to grow back teeth. WONDERFUL!!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

Listened to a nutritionist, Antony Haynes, this morning on infection and autoimmunity. He is located in London and the audio wasn’t the best. However, came away with three supporting supplements that he highly recommends: Oil of Oregano, Humic acid, and proteolytic enzymes. His neurological Lyme patients have been helped by humic acid.

Good information!

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

Important: If you’d like to have your own copy of all the speakers presentations during this summit, this is what I learned from my own experience when I made the decision to purchase a recording of all presenters.

Would you believe??? This week has been so packed with commitments elsewhere, I’ve not been able to watch any of the conference. I want to share something that may be very helpful to you who would like to have a copy of all the talks for your own “library” of information.

I couldn’t stand not to be able to listen to all of the presenters… on the many subjects… which I feel are important to all of us with chronic illnesses — whether the info is to “rule in” or “rule out” things with ourselves and others.

I bit the bullet when I registered before the programs began, and purchased a recording with a flash drive [thanks to GoinCrazy (sp?) the one of you who mentioned they had done the same thing and gave me the idea] … at a greatly reduced cost. Then, when I actually signed up to receive it, and pay for it, they gave me the option of paying for it in two monthly payments. Couldn’t resist doing that at this time of year.

Also, in my Inbox this morning was more good information on this and related subjects from Suzy Cohen’s newsletter… links related to subject matter on the Immune Summit going on now (which also contains links to some of the presentation material): Suzy Cohen wrote: My top 5 list to boost your health http://www.SuzyCohen.com

Hugs to all of you… feel like you are my sisters and brothers!
    AF

Anonymous
    Participant

Trudi,
    They sell it as humic acid fertilises to soil, so after all it is all about minerals which our soils are depleted of.
    Linda L.

BG
    Participant

Cathlo,

Thank you so much for informing us of this summit. I already knew much of the information presented but questioned the veracity of it. While I’m not at all convinced about the safety and efficacy of humic acid, most of the other information is invaluable and could be life saving. My favorite speakers so far have been Dr. Galland; Susan Blum, MD, MPH; Terry Wahls, MD; Chris Kresser; and David Perlmutter, MD.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Barb

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.