Home Forums General Discussion Are IV's neccessary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

I have just had my Rheumy appointment and he won't administer the block of IV's my AP Doc suggested, and then said to me you are having great results and then dismissed me. I guess I was hoping for a better reaction. Thats Doctors for you, I won't write what my hubby said about him:roll-laugh:

My question is…..I am feeling very good at the moment and don't know if I should go ahead with the IV's. I don't know what to expect from them, are they neccessary? Any advice from those that have had them would be very much appreciated. :blush:

………..Thanks Annie

P.S. Is anyone else having trouble getting onto this board, I haven't been able to all week-end, and still can't, only through the email messages.

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

If you access the bboard directly through the address http://www.rbfbb.org, you should be fine. The main website at http://www.roadback.org has been down since Thursday, 12/11. We are working on both immediate/short term solutions and a long term fix so this won't keep happening every few weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheryl

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

If you access the bboard directly through the address http://www.rbfbb.org, you should be fine. The main website at http://www.roadback.org has been down since Thursday, 12/11. We are working on both immediate/short term solutions and a long term fix so this won't keep happening every few weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I finally realised how to get on board, have been having panic attacks over the week-end, I know its silly but I kept thinking what would I do without you guys :blush:

Plus I just read a reply you gave to Mommaof3princesses re Iv's or oral. Thanks, it makes a lot of sense.

…………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I too was having problms, I have just been googling my username and then I get in that way:) I was freaking out too when I thought I coulodn't get on anymore, don't know what I would do without you guys!

Sierra
    Participant

IVs are definitely NOT necessary! They are used most often in long-standing disease that may not be as responsive to the oral medication. If your doc says you're doing fine (and you concur) the best thing you can do is give the AP time to do its thing! In the meantime, you can continue to looks for ways to refine your diet and do everything else you can to support the process of healing.

Sierra

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=128]Sierra[/user] wrote:

IVs are definitely NOT necessary! They are used most often in long-standing disease that may not be as responsive to the oral medication. If your doc says you're doing fine (and you concur) the best thing you can do is give the AP time to do its thing! In the meantime, you can continue to looks for ways to refine your diet and do everything else you can to support the process of healing.

Sierra

Hi Sierra,

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted some input to put my mind a rest, which you have done, I also read another thread of mommaof3princesses who asked the same thing.

It can be very confusing when the professional ones suggests one thing and another suggests something else.  I had a long talk with hubby and I am going to see how I go with the oral Abx and like you say, refine my diet even more.

Have a great Chrissy ………………Annie

Sierra
    Participant

Just noticed you've only been on AP for a couple of months. On average, it takes 6 months for the magic to start to happen.

Sierra

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Are IV's neccessary’ is closed to new replies.