Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic Therapy in France

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Captainhook
    Participant

Hi everyone,

First of all i want to apologize for my bad English, i’m French and I am not writing in English so often.
    I am looking for further information about the antibiotics protocol for Ankylosing Spondylitis. I found the roadback foundation through kickas.org.
    A year ago i started to change my diet to manage my disease symptoms, actually it works quite well for me. I success to manage about 90 % of my symptoms but i still having some moving pain (especially on join insertion) but nothing compare to before.
    When i was searching topics on kickas.org, i red some posts about antibiotics and AS, but i did not pay attention at the time.
    3 month ago i started taking dioxycycline as an acne treatment ; within 48/72hours of taking the pills i start feeling very bad, i was really tired, pain in my back and ribs was coming back, my acne was getting worst, and i had mouth ulcers growing from day to day.
    As i red on your site before that antibiotics can cause Herxheimer flare at the beginning of the treatment i thought there is maybe an infectious origin to my AS and it worth give antibiotics a try.
    I see that this protocol is quite spread for RA but is it also relevant for AS ?
    The main issue is that it seems this kind of treatment are not develop at all in France. Is anybody in the foundation have contacts with Doctors in France who are familiar with antibiotics therapy ? If it is not in France maybe in frontier countries like England, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium …
    If i succeed to convince my doctor to try this protocol, is it reasonable for him to do this with no previous experiences ?

Many thanks for your time,
    Romain.

Maz
    Keymaster

Dear Romain,

I see that this protocol is quite spread for RA but is it also relevant for AS?

Yes indeed! In fact, suggest you read the following article in the Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism, searching out the studies (specifically by researcher-rheumatologist, J.D. Carter and his combination antibiotic protocols), as well as browse the http://www.CPnHelp.org website for their protocols (http://cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols), and also read, The New Arthritus Breakthrough, by Henry Scammell, that contains remission stories of Dr. Brown’s patients. You can also use the search box of this forum to find a number of discussions about AS and antibiotic protocols.

Combination Antibiotics for Chlamydia-Induced Arthritis: Breakthrough to a Cure?

If i succeed to convince my doctor to try this protocol, is it reasonable for him to do this with no previous experiences?

Yes, but strongly suggest you become your own best advocate in order to be fully conversant in the antibiotic protocols you can try to see if these help you. This therapy isn’t an overnight sensation and may take a lot of research and self-help on your part, but if a doctor is open to partnering you in your treatment choice, there is plenty of material online you can print to help guide him or her. If doxycycline gave you a good herx, it might be worth trying the Stratton Protocol, for example (found at the bottom of the CPnHelp Protocols page mentioned above.

To my knowledge, there is only one infectious diseases Lyme doc in Garches, France, who may be open to treating rheumatic disease with antibiotics, but not much is known about him and you’d have to research this doc to see if he could help. Otherwise, my best suggestion, if you haven’t tried already, is to request doc listings for other Euro countries, if travel is an option: apdoctorlists@roadback.org

Hope something here might help to provide some pointers for you, Romain – bon chance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.