Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SJJ
    Participant

Hey all,
    I’ve posted asking about supplements before but i’d like to as a question or two regarding diet in general. I have been Vegan since about 6 weeks since these symptoms escalated and have now been Vegan (no cheating at all!) for amost 10 weeks. I’ve also been gluten free for almost 3 weeks. I don’t know that i’ve noticed much difference. I’m not even sure this is the right choice for me…..so much contradicting info out there. Just wondering what others have tried and looking into the AIP diet. Has anyone been strictly AIP and seen improvement. Any other suggestions etc.

thanks guys

lemons
    Participant

What is AIP ?

jasregadoo

I thought AIP was paleo, which would be hard as a vegan. But maybe SJJ means anti-inflammatory diet?

Misty
    Participant

Hello Sjj,
    I have a lot of information on AIP and also personal experience. After having recently been diagnosed with RA, after done my research on the development of autoimmune diseases and the gut connection, started with AIP before any other medication than NASIDs. My symptoms were quite bad and changing to the strict diet in my condition was very difficult and the symptoms seemed to get worse in the beginning.After 3months my brain fog and fatigue were gone and symptoms in my joints were clearly calming down, my normal energy has returned. I have been on the diet now for 4 months and I see a slow steady improvement in my condition..As an addition I started taking LDN three weeks ago. After having done a thorough research on the mechanisms of this med it seems that it’s immunomodulatory effects are very much the same as in Minocycline without the antibiotic component.The agent in LDN is endorphine that is understood to be a humoral mediator between the CNS and the immunesystem.Results treating different autoimmune diseases with LDN have so far been quite impressive.I am hoping the immunesystem normalizing function of LDN together with a stopping of the chronic inflammatory process caused by the leaky gut, will eventually help the normalized immunesystem deal with the pathogenic microbal colonies.I am hoping that I will not be needing Minocycline.

SJJ
    Participant

Yea Jasregadoo it is paleo….i’m exploring some other options. Not sure the vegan thing is fully helping at all. I will remain dair and gluten free but just trying to decide if taking away more grains or adding back in some animal protein woud be beneficial.
    Misty, I too have been looking into LDN but am unsure if it will help or if my Dr. will agree to it. How are you doing on it? How long does it usually take to know if it is working? I think patients can take both LDN and Mino at the same time. Hoping you find relief!

Misty
    Participant

Thank you for your response SSJ.I just started on LDN and have not yet reached the optimal dose of 4,5mg. The effect on different autoimmune diseases seem to vary. With RA it takes longer to kick in but has a steady upword effect there after.Taking Mino at the same time may not be necessary. I want to see the effect of LDN first.Better with a med that has less side effects if it turns out to work just as well.I am doing quite well, appearantly just on AIP. Have been able to cut down on NSAIDs as well.The LDN dose is taken around 10Pm daily, I started with 1mg and increased the dose with 1mg after a week and so on. The dose very individual and depends on your underlying condition, but never exeeds 4,5mg.If you are interested to learn more there is a lot of welldocumentated information f.ex http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

frhorngal
    Participant

I swear by the AIP diet…I had almost two full years of near remission just by following strict AIP protocols- (I had been gluten free for 3 years prior to finding AIP due to celiac disease) – I needed to go back on Minocin after my RA returned aggressively following a kidney infection and mono. AIP keeps my inflammation in check and I can always feel it when I ‘cheat’- with things like dairy, chocolate, etc. I haven’t been able to introduce nightshades so I think those will be off the table for good. I was veg/vegan for 12 years prior to going Paleo and still struggle (after 4 years) to eat meat sometimes but I know I need to for my health.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Spiffy

If you are interested in Autommune Protocol …AIP…you should check out Ballentyne’s book. Paleo and AIP are not interchangeable. AIP is much stricter. It is like Paleo on steroids. I have not quite gotten there yet, but I know I need to try. There is a website that is called something like healingfamilyeats.com. She is full AIP and shares many recipes. She shares her story as well. I am interested in LDN and will probably cross that bridge as well. I have high hopes for berberine right now. Tonight I am so tired, but I can’t give up! Good night!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.