Home Forums General Discussion A Woman of Bad Taste

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Calida
    Participant

I started minocycline on the 20th of November and nothing had tasted the same since. It’s not quite a metallic taste, it’s more a combination of metal and petroleum. 😥 Is this a side effect of mino or have I just hit the luck jackpot again?

Thank you
    Cali

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Cali,I just love your heading. hehehehe

Hate to tell you this but it’s part of the SD jackpot.I went through many phases.No taste at all with white furry tongue,acrid taste and black tongue.no smell then ‘phantom smells and Istill have months of weird smells now and then.I have been this phase for the last few months.This one just turns my stomach,a cross of pee and honey.Can you just imagine.The longer I have been on AP the more I am convinced that I still have some of it’s vestiges that won’t ever go away.Since this does not effect my life I’ll just live with it.Can’t really expect miracles can we

alsn13
    Participant

I am experiencing the same thing too. I have been doing AP for 4 months and I have a localized sclero on my face and scalp.
    How is your taste function now?
    Did it come back?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.