Home Forums General Discussion 3 Months In – The fatigue has lifted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Well, folks I’m 3 months in. One significant change/improvement is the debilitating fatigue I had endured for so long. I work full time and every day it would never fail between 2 and 3 pm my energy would plummet and I literally could not keep my eyes open. I would just nod at my desk and snap back up each time, hoping no one would walk by and see me! I would have to close my door and lay on the floor or put my head on my desk. I would say about 3 weeks solid I haven’t had one day of that fatigue. I have noticed other small improvements as well. I am able to close my hand at a much earlier time in the day…most days I couldn’t close my hand until 5 or 6 pm. Now I am able to close my hand sometimes soon after I wake or an hour or so later…my fingers are still painful and swollen BUT I am able to close my hand. The pain in my fingers is almost gone by the end of the day. Still super sensitive if I knock it on something but internal pain is at say a 1 by the afternoon and rest of day. My “bad knee” also has had less pain/inflammation, it’s a little easier to walk in general, I am able to outstretch it completely instead of it just kept slightly bent at all times. I have also had some great/very easy days! Not completely pain free but very easy to manage. Then I get hit with 2-3 bad days. The roller coaster of emotions…discouraged on the bad days and so encouraged on the good days. I SO look forward to ALL GOOD days! I know it will come! It is hard to even remember living every day of my life for 35 years with no pain at all.

SO, how soon did you notice improvements? What kind of improvements were they?

I apologize in advance…I haven’t updated my signature…they obviously didn’t carry over. LAZY GIRL HERE!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

jasregadoo

Yay! So glad you’re seeing improvement! It was about three months for me, before I felt like I was definitely getting better. I have more good days than bad now, and so much of the pain and exhaustion is gone. I’m still swollen, can’t wear my rings. Long walks are still a bad idea. But I don’t have to limit my activities like I used to. I’m 8 months in, and within the last few weeks have increased my dosage from 100mg MwF to 100mg bid. I forget once in ahwhile to take my morning pill, like today, but I’d say I’m good 5 days out of the week.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Airen
    There was a notice on the php site advising people to copy their signatures and save ready to re-paste in here as they wouldn’t migrate. Sorry if you didn’t see that. You can update it here through your profile. Click on the avatar icon next to your name to see the drop down menu, then click edit profile and scroll right down to signature.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

That is terrific –a definite sign that you are on the right track –richie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.