Home Forums General Discussion 0ne month off AP and WHAM!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pam
    Participant

SD &RA- Due to elevated liver enzymes, I had to go off minocin for one month as per the Dr. I felt fine during that time. After retesting the enzymes, I have been back on minocin now for one month and just realized that I am herxing again just like in the beginning. No fun!

Jennhere
    Participant

When I took generic for a month, I had the same kind of thing happen.  It took me two months to recover.  I hope you feel better soon.  :)(disclaimer)- not all generic is useless as per the success stories of those here on generic.  My experience may reflect the possibility to get a dud batch of generic.  This is why I take the name brand.

Jenn

GayG
    Participant

Hello!…thought I would post a reply since I also had a recent experience with this…when I had an Upper Respiratory Infection a few weeks ago I got off the Minocin for about 4-5 days because I was getting diarreah from taking Minocin along with the antibiotic that I got for the URI (all is fine now)…BUT about 2-3 days after getting off the Minocin I woke up one morning 100% pain free all over….I haven't had a pain free day like that since before all of this started….It was nice to experience, even for a short while, what it felt like before all of this started…Anyway I went back on the Minocin, 100 mg twice a day and BAM…incredible herxing (and I was only off the Minocin for about 5 days) and now am having to start over with massage/accupuncture every week instead of once a month….I feel like I must be loaded with bacteria to herx like this! Blessings…Gay

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Gay,

Your experience spits in the eye of doctors who say minocycline works only as a anti-inflammatory.

Hope you feel better soon.

Susan

GayG
    Participant

It sure does…that's what I've been thinking too…I've always been convinced that this theory behind AP therapy made perfect sense, especially since I started having symptoms 3 months after I had a partial small bowel obstruction…Can you imagine how much bacteria was running around during that fiasco and how crazy my immune system went trying to protect me from all of that….BUT, after that experience of no pain off the mino and then pain when back on has me even more convinced….that is not a coincidence….Minocin doesn't cause people that don't have one of these illnesses to have pain so there is definitely something to this….that's why I'm keeping at it no matter how many valleys I have to walk through to get there,,I know I'll reach remission eventually! …..Gay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ 0ne month off AP and WHAM!’ is closed to new replies.