Home Forums General Discussion Zithromax

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aboyer
    Participant

Has anyone tried this zithromax for RA? Please share experiences and dosage amount.

Diagnosed with severe RA 12 years ago
    Tested positive for M. pneumoniae and C. pneumoniae

Current meds: Kineret 100mg, doxycycline 50mg, cbd oil, and celebrex

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

Linda L
    Participant

Same as Clarithomycin and Azithromycin and one of three ABX included in RHB 104. Still under trials /as one tablet/ for pulmonary Mycobacterium Avium, Crohn disease, RA, MS, psoriasis, lupus and maybe everything…. Three ABX in one tablet should be available soon. I have read that many doctors don’t use Azithromycin any longer as it can cause severe heart problems.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

aboyer
    Participant

I thought Clarithomycin also caused heart problems. Would clarithromycin be a better option for severe RA? How much would I need to take?

Diagnosed with severe RA 12 years ago
    Tested positive for M. pneumoniae and C. pneumoniae

Current meds: Kineret 100mg, doxycycline 50mg, cbd oil, and celebrex

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

aboyer
    Can you share the reason for your questions? Are you unable to take the tetracyclines?

I’ve looked back over some previous posts of yours but others may not be aware of those. It really would help if you added some information to your signature. To do that, run your mouse over your name (bottom right of your screen). Click on Edit my profile that comes up in the menu. That will take you to the profile page. Scroll right down the page to the heading signature. Put your information into the box underneath next to the word signature. Then scroll down to the Update button and click on that to save the information

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

The following researcher – Ogrendik in Turkey – did a number of RA studies using clarithromycin. The doses he used are mentioned in the study, but it’s worth noting that they have to use the same dose for every patient in a study in order to keep the study variables to a minimum and this study was just run for 6 months. Patients had varying degrees of response from ACR 20 or 50 or 70 when taking 500mg once per day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17355733

You’ll find that of the people who use this antibiotic, doses and daily or pulsed schedules will vary and a lot has to do with individual tolerance, so there isn’t really a one size fits all. As you can see in my signature line, I take 500mg twice a day of clarithromycin (Biaxin is the brand name), but I also have Lyme, which is a tough bug to treat.

Yes, agree with Lynnie…would really help you to get responses from others if you could add a signature line. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.