Home Forums General Discussion Zith reaction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jennhere
    Participant

How strange.  I was uber sick with an ear infection and had to take Zith for a week.  I stopped taking mino during that time.  I had no reaction at all. Infact, I feel better than I have in months. 

I'm taking my mino again.  I feel no different.  Any thoughts?  Sometimes I think the only thing I have in common with folks here is that I have joint pain on occassion *(at this point). 

I'm going through some serious stress, moving, divorce finalized, packing, buying a home….  it's like I'm drowning.  But- joints aren't noticing.  Just the typical groans from them from time to time.  I'm not a “healthy” person and I have a problem… but it's never predictable or makes sense to me.

Jenn

linda
    Participant

Hi Jenn,

You've got a lot going on right now, that's for sure. Watch out for that stress monster, sometimes he hides and pops out when you least expect it. I thought I was coping well after I moved, bought a house and got divorced, but a year after all that happened my health took a serious nosedive. The thing that surprised me most after the divorce was the return of all of the emotions I thought I had worked thru concerning the end of my marraige. I don't know if that's a common thing or if it was just me. I didn't have the advantage of being on AP at the time, tho; it's hard to say what would have happened with my health if I'd been on abx. You sound like you're in a pretty good place right now despite all the stuff going on in your life. There are probably going to be moments when you feel absolutely overwhelmed. Just go with it, chalk it up to a bad day and let it pass. Those moments get weaker and farther apart as time goes by- if you talk to my friends and family they'll tell you I'm almost sane again, (almost sane being pretty much my normal baseline to begin with!:blush:)

I have no idea why you didn't have a reaction to the zith, maybe you weren't on it long enough. I've found that the only thing predictable about these diseases is that they are unpredictable!:? The only thing we have any real control over is our attitude, and yours is very positive, so I know you're going to be alright.

linda

Pip
    Participant

Hey Jenn!

As I still think you're Palindromic (gawd, not that again 🙂 you might not have stressor problems.  I only get 'lurkers' if the stress level is at 20 on a chart of 1 to 10 now.

As for the Zith – I did get a huge Zith herx – but it happened at about the one month mark.  So, maybe you weren't on it long enough.

Hugs,

Pip

Fran
    Participant

Jenn-  I have been on zith for over two months and had absolutely no herx.  In fact, I felt the best I've felt since my IV clindymyacin last August while I was on Zith.  I just had to go off this week cuz of high liver enzymes.  I asked Dr. S about the fact I had no herxing on Zith and whether that meant it was doing nothing for me and he said that he doesn't see much herxing with Zith.  So, who knows!  Just wanted to share what he told me, although I do hear a lot of people on the board say they herxed big time with Zith. 

As for stress, I too, am going through a very stressful time right now and am not having a flare….(knock on wood).  Its all very strange and unpredictable!:?

Jennhere
    Participant

Well, the zith cleared up my other problem, so I know it was potent.  I was all prepared for a herx.  ((not complaining that I didn't have one, though!))  Thanks for your individual inputs.

I'm pretty sure I'm palindromic, Pip.  I don't know.  I'm doing so freaking well on A.P., though.  I couldn't be happier.  Now, when the pains creep back in for a few weeks, I don't lose my mind with fear.  I know they'll go away again and stay away longer. 

I'm holding out hope that I fall into the category of Palindromics who go into remission and get cured.  I've made so many good turns, I think it's fair to have that hope. 

In any case, I don't take for granted any of these days of mine.  I hike and marvel at the fact that I'm hiking.  I chop veggies for dinner and marvel at that.  I do laundry and stop and flex my hands.  Sure, they can ache a bit, but that's NOTHING compared to what I dealing with.  Everything I do, I usually stop and consider that I'm so fortunate to be able to do it. 

I'm so thankful that I found this site. 

How are you feeling, Pip?

Jennifer

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Jenn

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time!

I think you have lots in common with others on this site, anyone with joint problems has. It sounds like your alienating yourself because of how stressed and down you are feeling thats understandable, who would'nt feel like you with all this going on.

This won't go on for ever and you'll look back and wonder what was all the fuss. So calm yourself down do some relaxation, have a break with a friend and just take a few deep breaths. Be good to yourself and slow down God bless!

I hope you soon feel better thinking of you!

love Rosemary xxx

Jennhere
    Participant

What?!  I'm having a great time!  I had an inner ear infection that made me fall down on mainstreet… infront of witnesses… that was all.  😎  But that's gone now.  I feel great even through all the insane stressors I'm living through.  That's what's so weird.  I would expect to be laid up in severe joint pain.  But, no… I'm hiking, having yard sales, cooking meals, cleaning the house….   Where's the stress in my body? 

I just expected to be hospitalized by this point… or in an insane asylum…!:D

Hope you're feeling well!

Jenn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Zith reaction’ is closed to new replies.