Home Forums General Discussion Yeast issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Anyone out there than can give me sone products/meds/supplements that can tackle yeast?

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maz – I thought Dr D rxd Fungilin for you recently? If not, it might be an idea for you to talk to her about it. She rxd that for me both to combat yast and said it’s good at attacking L-Forms. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie,

Yes she prescribed fungillin but I don’t have any left & no script right now, just wondered if anyone had extra stuff they took. I am quite surprised though that I may have yeast issues because all the tests for yeast turn up negative, if you can shed any light on that I would appreciate it.

Will call Dr D this morning & get a script though, however I am only to take it MWF & I am not sure if thats enough??

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maz – you might ask Dr D about the MWF. Was it originally rx’d for yeast? It may be different if you now have a full-on yeast issue. By the way, what makes you think or who is telling you that you may have a yeast issue if your tests turn up negative? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Have just spoken to Dr D – she said she didn’t think I had a yeast problem, but anything is possible; a script is on its way & she said ‘ask Bob he knows’. The fungillin was recognised (as a last resort I might add) by Lyn when she last tested me, adding fungillin to the mix made all the difference to my readings.

In answer to your question though, it was actually my own GP the other day who mentioned it when we were talking about my little hiccup, he said it may be an underlying yeast problem that hasn’t been picked up. He thought the timeframes were about right from when I started on AP to when I got the flare before Xmas.

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Can understand where your GP might be coming from. For most docs (these days anyeway), abx = candida to follow. The fact that you are on tiny doses MWF and take a good probiotic should rule that out. Was he trying to figure out cause of your recent attack? If it were me, I’d be betting on herx. If you are still suffering, then I’d be talking to Dr D about dialling something back or even having a week’s washout.

I dont think I had yeast by the way. However, the Fungilin got the nod, for me perhaps for going after the L-forms (or CWD bacteria). And that and the clarithromycin (Klacid)added to my protocol certainly worked. Hope you get something sorted soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

maz.aust
    Participant

I think he was trying to figure it out .. he said I shouldn’t have yeast because the doses are well below normal but his train of thought was that maybe if I do have a yeast problem it was interfering with the absorbtion of the abx ??? I have no idea, hence my question
    BTW I don’t think I have yeast either I am just trying to cover all my bases.. that being said I am pretty much back to where I have no pain just a few aches every now & again so something happened !!

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That’s good news! Seems to make herx the likely candidate. It’s the general response after a change in meds. Think I may have had the tiniest of herx symptoms (just a touch achey for a few days) with the re-intro of Fungilin (1/4 tab) after being given the nod ( ;)) to take it again. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

maz.aust
    Participant

Thanks Lyn, I guess you & I are on the same page in all this I was the only one it seemed to believe it was a ‘herx’ because of the change in meds – after all I should know, every med change/tweak I always herxed …lol

Yes the good news is that it has all settled down & I am almost symptom free again. I look forward now to continuing on the path to wellness!! 😉 Sometimes you know I just want to go back to that rheumy who told me I would be crawling back to her begging for the mtx & see what she says, personally I think I have come a long way even though it took a while 😆

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.