Home Forums General Discussion Will my elbow ever unlock?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I am 8 months in and have been meaning to write an update. Sorry I haven’t but in short I FEEL GREAT!! I will write more details soon. I started one and it ended up quite the long story. Any who, I am feeling much better but my elbow is still locked. I can open it about 95% of the way which is quite manageable/livable but still curious if now that I’m feeling better with the rest of my body fall in to place (go back to normal). I still have some swelling in a few fingers and my left knee and my left elbow is still locked. Will the swelling eventually go away too? Will my elbow unlock? Trust me living pain free is the priority but just wondering if those parts of my body will heal too and go back to my pre-RA self?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Maz
    Keymaster

To have reached a pain-free state in 8 short months is extraordinary, Airen! So happy for you! Keep the faith for the remaining issues…Dr. Brown said it could take 2 to 5 years to reach a remissive state.

Woods1977
    Participant

Hello.. I had a similar issue and yes, your elbows WILL unlock. At first they might get worse, then you’ll wake up one day and notice they are better. I had the same problem… Good luck!

Airen
    Participant

Thank you for your reply! I am doing well but still have my few problem areas…can’t wait to be rid of them too!

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy

Do you take cod liver or fish oils?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

richie
    Participant

While I had a different illnes than RA –I had very bad finger contractions –all 10 fingers curled !!! It took quite awhile but they did straighten out –if you have insurance and your doc will prescribe occupational or physical therapy to help things along -you might find that beneficial –Your progress sounds great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!! richie

Airen
    Participant

@Spiffy, no I don’t at the moment. I did religiously when first diagnosed for about a year and recently dropped taking them the last 6-9 months or so. I have recently started having a banana/almond butter shake with flax seed in it that has omega 3.

@Richie
    , thanks!! I hope this trend continues. So happy.

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.