Home Forums General Discussion which brands of minocycline work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brandy5166
    Participant

diagnosed with scleroderma. I live in us. which brands of minocycline work best. any to avoid taking?how long before minocycline starts working. thanks

cosmo
    Participant

I use Meda brand minocin. I have had very good results with it. It is made in England. I get it from Canada through Buylowdrugs.com. It is pelletized and sold as brand minocin.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I think they are likely all “good” it’s just that different ones seem to work better for different people. The TEVA brand now made by Zydus worked for me. The Actavis brand now made by TEVA works for me. The Ranbaxy does not work for me…but I know it does work for others.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Spiffy1

I believe there is no more Ranbaxy. I think they merged with Sun pharmaceuticals. But this has been several years ago.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

redrock
    Participant

I failed on practically all generics and overseas Mino but I recently had a semi-good lab on Zydus (The pink and maroon capsule). But I also credit my meticulous dosage (2 capsules every other day, 12 hours apart and 2 hours from dairy and minerals. You might do fine on any and all or you might have to do some trial and error; everyone’s different.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.