Home Forums General Discussion Where to order name brand Minocin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lor
    Participant

Hi,

Where do other order affordable brand name Minocin from? Used to be a Canadian Pharmacy?
    Thanks for any help.
    lor

Eva Holloway
    Participant

lor,
    I don’t think you can’t get name brand Minocin any more. Now you may need to order Aknemin instead. In the States name brand Minocin is very high and the Canadian pharmacies can’t get it anymore. At least that is what I have found out.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

NineNineSeven
    Participant

I gave up trying to find the name brand mino anywhere and began assessing the generics. I get my scrip filled through one of the 90 day online supply places that my insurance requires me to use. Initially I was given a generic manufactured by Ranbaxy in India. My advice would be to stay far away from it. It made me sick and was simply not tolerable. I have found that generics from Teva and Watson seem to work very well, and my doctor began writing my scrips with those two generics specified. The pharmacy then filled it that way – usually with Teva.

All generics are not equal but those two have worked well for me and are inexpensive.

Good luck!
    Michael

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    @NineNineSeven wrote:

Initially I was given a generic manufactured by Ranbaxy in India. My advice would be to stay far away from it. It made me sick and was simply not tolerable. I have found that generics from Teva and Watson seem to work very well, and my doctor began writing my scrips with those two generics specified. The pharmacy then filled it that way – usually with Teva.

Someone else recently reported that she got worse when she switched from Ranbaxy minocycline to Watson minocyline, so it may be an individual thing. Other people have commented about Ranbaxy minocycline causing stomach upset, so it appears there is something about the Ranbaxy minocycline capsules that some people cannot tolerate.

See: Minocycline generic brands

By the way, Ranbaxy minocycline capsules are not made in India, they are made in New York. I believe it’s only the Ranbaxy minocycline tablets that are made in India. Watson minocycline capsules are made in India, though I don’t think that was true in the past.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Good Morning…

I’m going into my second month with 100mg Minocycline Ranbaxy Brand.

I turned-in my subscription at Wal-Mart, told the lady I didn’t want the generic brand, but Ranbaxy was all they had in stock. (I didn’t know one brand from the other, so I said okay.) I took the first pill around 8 pm that night, a couple of hours before bedtime, by the time I got in bed around 10:30 that night I felt a little dizzy-like…but went off to sleep. I haven’t had any problems with the pills after that. I took one pill each MWF around 8 each night (2 hours after our meal). Herxing was very mild.
    About 3 weeks later I started taking 1 pill in the morning and 1 pill in the evening on MWF, that where I’m at today.
    I’m also taking 5 mg of Prednisone each day, and doing really good with the Mino and prednisone so far.
    Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

June3443
    Participant

Hi, I started taking Ranbaxy generic and decided maybe Teva would be better since I had read some bad reports on Ranbaxy. I could not take the Teva brand. It made my ears roar so badly I had to discontinue it. I went back to Ranbaxy and have done okay on it. Think Ranbaxy has fixed whatever issue they were having. I was glad to see it is made in New York.

vera
    Participant

I just ordered my first bottle of Teva so we will see what happens after being on Minocin for a couple of years. Will let you know in a week or so. My pharmacy carries Ranbaxy, but I requested Teva. Hope I am not sorry 🙄

Lori

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Dr. K just changed me to minocyclin 100 mg twice a day from Brand name Mino. I still have some Mino left from my last order before they discontinued it in Canada. See how it will work out. I am also back on Biaxin this time 500 mg.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.