Home Forums General Discussion what’s wrong with me

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    maddie
    Participant

I do pay income tax, and I’m very grateful for the service the NHS provides.

Hi Maz, thanks for the information! A clinic in Surrey will consider antibiotic treatment once I get a diagnosis. The trouble is I don’t have one yet. However it’s an option down the line.

Maddie 🙂

No official diagnosis yet but probably some type sero-negative, symmetrical inflammatory arthritis.
    Started AP treatment December 2018. 200mg Minocin MR Mon/Wed/Fri.

JZL
    Participant

It’s the 4th week of my AP journey. The first week I was on Doxy 25mg daily and gradually upped to 50mg daily in the 3rd week. My dose is still low but now I am feeling worse this week. Don’t know it’s herx or disease progressing. It’s frustrating!

PhilC
    Participant

Since you just doubled your dose, it’s most likely a normal response (herx).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

maddie
    Participant

Hi JZL

I upped my dosage as well and I have much more noticeable joint pain.

I believe it must be a Herx. Hang in there with me 🙂

Maddie

No official diagnosis yet but probably some type sero-negative, symmetrical inflammatory arthritis.

JZL
    Participant

Phil, thanks for the input! My dosage is still low, do you think I should keep 50mg daily for a couple of months or keep upping it?

Maddie, it’s hard to stay positive when you hurt so much. But I guess I don’t have other choice.

maddie
    Participant

JZL – it is hard to stay upbeat. I’m seriously worried at times but I try not to let everyone see it.

Like you say, this is the only way forward.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Maddie and JZL,
    Hang in there. It gets better.
    I started AP August 2017. I felt like I was 80 (I’m 32). I was in so much pain. As I write this to you I am pain free again (even after flaring in September).
    You’re on the right path to feeling better. It will be a bumpy road but you can get there. I believe in you both!

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

JZL
    Participant

Thank you pinkmoth! you are a true cheerleader! I feel I am 100 yrs old…I do hope I cloud follow your path to recovery.

Spiffy1

One day, you both can look back and reread your posts and contemplate how far you have come.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

maddie
    Participant

Thank you guys. You have no idea how much your words mean 🙂

Spiffy1

Actually, Maddie, we do. It makes us so happy that we received encouraging words when we started our journeys and now can help you. One day, you will be helping others so stick around! One day at a time…..😀

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.