Home Forums General Discussion What other drug can be used w Azithromycin?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mountains
    Participant

Our daughter is 12 and we have decided to hold off using Mino since she still has 5 to 6 baby teeth. We are considering using Azithromycin. My concern is that it may not be strong enough since her symptoms have been slowly increasing over the last 4 years. Even though she is considered mild, her Scleroderma symptoms are now a daily part of her life and the joint pain is increasing in regularity. I looked into IV Clindamycin but I feel that may be too strong. We see the Doctor next month to do labs and hopefully get her started on treatment. I’d like to go in there with a game plan or at least several options since I know he is not experienced and anything I can bring to the table will help. Is there another antibiotic anyone has used pulsed in with the Azithromycin that they have found helpful? Thank you.

Luck20
    Participant

I had 4 Iv’s of the Clindamycin before my veins were too hard to get to. For me, it caused no side effects, none at all. If her veins are easily accesessed, it might be wise to try it now, while you can…hard forearms make it a huge challenge sometimes. At the time, I was starting to get big, puffy, hardening feet and it turned that situation around immediately! I know it was the iv’s that did it. It did wonders and I question myself every day why I’m not doing it but after some bad experiences trying to get the needle in, I’m very tense around needles and my dr is far away. I’d have to do some planning to go there and then just hope for the best with my veins…

I think its very worthwhile to try it if shes up for it. Its suppose to be better tolerated as an iv than orally.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I can no longer use mino or doxy due to having developed hyper-sensitivity to them. You can see from my signature that I use Zithromax in conjunction with 3 other abx in a pulsed protocol. I have experienced no problems with this.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.