Home Forums General Discussion What happened to mycoplasma

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

[user=1323]Margaret Mueller[/user] wrote:

The National Institute of Health, CDC and FDA are incapable of adapting to the changing reality of lyme disease treatment, so they are stubbornly adhering to their positions on identification and treatment that do not reflect the reality and experience of lyme docs and their lyme treatment patients. 

I filled out a survey from the NIH involving chronic diseases and how patients deal with them.  Chronic lyme was listed as one of them.  Because of this, I don't think the NIH is on board that this is an easily treated disease.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

I may have a faulty memory, but I thought I read the NIH set the criteria for lyme testing, and has indicated that only two strains need to be tested. Am I wrong, because, I thought that was the reason that Igenex is better for testing for lyme, because they actually test for the multiple strains lyme docs know cause disease.  I loaned my source so I can't quote it.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.  Sorry if I'm passing on incorrect information.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1323]Margaret Mueller[/user] wrote:

I thought I read the NIH set the criteria for lyme testing, and has indicated that only two strains need to be tested.

The CDC sets the criteria for lyme testing–

The CDC–and insurance companies–take their cue on what Lyme disease is and how to treat it from the ISDA, a group of self-serving physicians who selectively review only that literature which agrees with their premise: that LD is easily and quickly treated, and if you're still sick, then you're clearly mentally ill.

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

Maz.aus, I also wonder about all the people that have lived thru out history and have had RA or some other AI disease. We know from records that many cultures did have people that suffered from them, before we began to pollute out atmosphere, process our food, and without the ticks needed to pass on the bacteria. It 6 of one and half a dozen for me, it doesn't matter how we get the infections, we have to treat the ones we know we have.

I'm with you Linda … I think that too & I just want to kill the buggers !!!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ What happened to mycoplasma’ is closed to new replies.