Home Forums General Discussion Well, Spiffy is back. Ranbaxy question.

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

I hope you all have missed me a little. Back in September, I tried to change my profile picture. Bad idea. The whole screen went white, and I was not able to log in to my account. I have kept up with everyone as a guest, but it has been hard not to comment! I got a new email address and a new password, so I am back in business. No more profile pictures for me! And, yes, my Spiffy account will always have a sideways picture. There is no way to fix it. When I have more time I will work on my signature. But, tonight, my big question is this…

Why was I ever told that Ranbaxy should be first choice? I have been studying the Ranbaxy scandal and all the strange and sordid details surrounding this company as current as a year ago. Look it up sometime…Ranbaxy scandal. It makes me wonder just what I have been taking almost two years! I really wish I had not reordered. Now I have another month of it. I am taking two 50 mgs. Tablets twice a day MWF. I have not been able to get the hundred milligram. I did read that the 100 mgs tablets do contain lactose and yellow dye. I have to assume the 50 does to. WHAT GENERIC IS THE SAFEST FOR US TO BE ON AT THIS MOMENT?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Spiffy1

Which generic is safest at this time?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

Suzanne
    Participant

I have had to give up on what brand my daughter gets. As frustrating as it is, it seems all pharmacies are at the mercy of their distributors. We have used an independent pharmacist for years, and the last few months we get a surprise with each refill. They used to be able to help us at least stay consistent, even if it wasn’t what is considered a preferred brand. Now they just shake their head when I ask. I went back to CVS, thinking at least a large chain would be consistent, but they said no, it is whatever the distributor sends.

Our insurance is going to start requiring a three month supply at a time from CVS in 2017. I was worried about that, but now at least she will get three months on the same brand.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

PhilC
    Participant

Why was I ever told that Ranbaxy should be first choice?

Both the capsules and tablets are dye-free, and multiple people have done well on Ranbaxy mino, some of whom did not have a good experience with Teva mino. In addition, Ranbaxy mino was made in the U.S. (New Jersey). Torrent now owns Ranbaxy mino, and it is still made in the U.S. (for now).

I am taking two 50 mgs. Tablets twice a day MWF. I have not been able to get the hundred milligram. I did read that the 100 mgs tablets do contain lactose and yellow dye. I have to assume the 50 does to.

The lactose shouldn’t be a problem for most people, and that includes people sensitive to dairy products. The yellow color is from ferric oxide yellow, which is not a dye.

Since you are concerned about the quality of Ranbaxy minocycline, I recommend that you consider trying the minocycline tablets made by Par Pharmaceutical.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy1

I actually used PAR before. Do people prefer PAR over Ranbaxy?

vinny
    Participant

I am using Par tablets right now and I find them to be as good as Ranbaxy tablets. I get 90 pills for $115 at Walmart with a goodrx coupon. My Humana pharmacy switched me to Torrent capsules which do not work for me even at 2 per day.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

jasregadoo

Are your Ranbaxy tablets yellow? I am using Torrent, which was purchased from Ranbaxy, and they are clear and grey. I have some yellow and grey capsules left over, which were Watson, and didn’t work well for me. I’m not sure why some people do better on one manufacturer vs. another. I know there are differences in the fillers etc that some people have trouble with.

Spiffy1

Mine are tablets, not capsules. Yes, they have a slight yellow tint with R189 stamped on them.

PhilC
    Participant

Par tablets are what I prefer right now. I’ve used 60 capsules of Teva, and I was on Ranbaxy tablets for a year, but mostly I’ve used 50 mg Par tablets.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.