Home Forums General Discussion Website about L-form bacteria

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Manda
    Participant

http://bacteriality.com/2007/08/15/l-forms/

I would like to know what you all think of this site, and if you've seen it before. It's heavily into the MP, but the information about L-form bacteria is really in-depth. Has anyone gotten through the information? I'm skimming through it, but not much sinks in yet. I'll keep trying.

Knowing more about L-form bacteria has helped in a huge way talking about it to my Mum (the only person who really knows about it other than my husband and doctor!).. I can explain what's going on a bit easier now, and she's getting it! (She's a nurse, and I feel its important she understand.) That site has helped in that understanding a bit.

Thanks.

Manda.

suera
    Participant

I'm glad I am not the only one who is trying to plow thru that site. A new doc I went to, Naturopathic, told me to read it as she really wants me on the MP. I'm not sure and the more I read the more over my head it all goes. Honestly there was a time when this wouldn't have been so difficult for me but I seem to be having a heavy case of brain fog. One thing I liked so much about the New Arthritis Breakthrough is you didn't have to be a scientist to understand it. I'd be interested in your thoughts of it as you go forward.

Sue

Dena
    Participant

I read through a lot of it and kept thinking, so  . . . what do we DO about it?  Then I found this under the link to the Marshall Protocol:

“The Treatment

Patients on the Marshall Protocol take a medication called Olmesartan (called Benicar in the United States), which is able to bind and activate the VDR by pushing 25-D and bacterial proteins out of the receptor. Patients also lower levels of 25-D in the body by avoiding the kinds of vitamin D present in various foods. These measures renew the body?s ability to turn on the innate immune system and produce the anti microbial peptides. The immune system is then able to kill L-form bacteria and is once again able to manage viral and other co-infections.

At the same time, MP patients take pulsed, low-dose antibiotics. Antibiotics taken in this manner are much more effective against bacteria in biofilms and are able to greatly weaken L-form bacteria so that the patient?s own immune system is then able to destroy them. The antibiotics weaken the bacteria by blocking their ribosomes, which they need to produce proteins that help them survive and reproduce. It?s important to understand that when L-form bacteria die, there is a temporary change in a patient?s immunopathology.

Immunopathology refers to the changes in the immune system that result from bacterial death (another term sometimes used is the Jarisch-Herxheimer or ?Herx? reaction). Dying bacteria release toxins into the bloodstream, stimulate the production of inflammatory cytokines, and generate temporary hormonal imbalances. This means that once a patient begins the MP, each dose of antibiotic will cause them to feel bad for the period of time it takes their immune system to deal with the consequences of CWD bacterial die-off.

Before starting the MP, many people may feel that they have improved through consuming vitamin D and taking steroids such as prednisone. In reality, these compounds inactivate the VDR, preventing the immune system from effectively killing CWD bacteria. Since it is the killing of CWD bacteria that generates an increase in painful symptoms, people may experience short-term relief when using vitamin D or prednisone as their immune system shuts down and less bacteria are killed. However, in reality, this situation allows the bacteria to spread more easily.

Applicable Illnesses

Patients on the MP have dozens of different medical conditions. As evidenced by members? reported progress on the marshallprotocol.com website, nearly all experience a powerful immunopathological reaction after taking a dose of antibiotics.

Many patients report great improvement, while some appear to be approaching complete recovery.

Some of the diseases patients are currently using the MP to treat include (but are not limited to):

• Sarcoidosis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Fibromyalgia [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Chronic Lyme Disease [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Rheumatoid Arthritis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Myasthenia gravis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Psoriasis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Osteoarthritis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Hashimoto?s Thyroiditis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Uveitis [/*:2782dxbu]
    • Cardiac Arrhythmia

[/*]
    Here is a more complete list of diseases.

Apart from the symptoms or diagnosis indicating Th1 disease, the easiest way to find out if the Marshall Protocol may be applicable to your disease is to get a blood test and check the level of your D Metabolites. This test can detect the elevated level of 1,25D often seen in patients with chronic disease, but must be done correctly in order to be of any value.

Patients can also use a therapeutic probe to determine whether the MP can be applied to their illness. A therapeutic probe refers to a trial period during which a person tests whether or not the taking the MP medications results in immunopathology or other symptom changes.

Because patients must carefully manage their immunopathology, it takes several years to complete the MP. Severely ill patients may need 3-5 years to reach a state of remission. However, once on the MP, most patients begin to notice improvements little by little.

Patients must work with their own doctor while on the treatment. There are instructions on how to request a list of doctors who use the MP in your area.

Phase One Guidelines give detailed instructions regarding dosages, etc?. One must follow the guidelines carefully to avoid the risk of serious reactions from immunopathology reactions due to the bacterial killing.

For a thorough article on the Marshall Protocol published in the Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients see parts one and two.”

Verrrry interesting.  So  I looked up benicar and found it is a blood pressure medication with lots of side effects.  You can Goggle it.  One doctor tried me on blood pressure medicine (don't remember what it was) 10 years ago and it made me so dizzy and flighty and did nothing for pain, so I got off it.

I responded to the above article by writing the following, hoping to bring more attention to our AP:

“How is this different from the Antibiotic Protocol for minocycline which many of us have found very helpful for various forms of inflammatory diseases? I am referring to Dr. Brown?s work as explained in ?The New Artrhritis Breakthrough.? Information about this can be found on roadback.org.”

The above comment is now posted on the Marshall Protocol website.

Manda
    Participant

http://bacteriality.com/2007/11/13/eyes/

This part is something I saw the other day, and is exactly what my eyes look like at the moment. They're red and bloodshot. For the first 7 weeks on the AP, I had clear eyes. All of a sudden, week 8, I have eyes that look like that pic in the link. Yuck. Serious case of brain fog, though, and the reading is slow-going.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Manda,

Just took a quick look at the pic…poor you! Are your eyes sore, too?

Just had a passing thought about this…a couple months ago my youngest daughter started having very red eyes…one in particular. I thought she might be getting pink eye, so took her to the ped. The doctor did a thorough exam and put some drops in her eyes and had a look under flourscent light. She then turned up the lids and exclaimed…”It's an allergy”. I asked how she figured that out and she showed me that the underside of her lids had a pebbly appearance.

We still haven't figured out the cause of this allergy…initially thought it might be pool chemicals (she trains every day for a couple hours in the local pool) – opthamolgist ruled that out, thank goodness…then we wondered if it was her contact lens solution. Changed the solution, but symptoms still persisting, but controlled with allergy drops for now.

Anyway, just thought to mention this, as you may be able to check under your own eyelids or have someone take a look for you. Considering that Brown mentioned the hyperallergic state, it is possible that this is some type of herx….especially if you've seen the doc and ruled out everything else.

Do hope your eyes get sorted soon…must be miserable for you.

Peace, Maz

PatriciaNZ
    Participant

Hi Maz- I was allergic to the preservatives in contact lense solution. Could it be this? If it is you can just get plain saline that is okay.

Manda
    Participant

My eyes are only a little sore. Initially it was just the one eye, and I put it down to lack of sleep, but its been a couple of days since, and its gone to the other eye too. The weather is blistering hot here, and I've been mostly going out after sundown to avoid the heat and glare. I had a “nose” and “stomach” reaction after something I ate earlier this week.. (causing the said lack of sleep) maybe its related also.. I'm guessing, but I know I won't be eating that certain food again.:doh:

Thou shalt not cheat on the diet.:blush:
    (even if the lable says “gluten & dairy free”)

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia…thanks for the suggestion! We're trying a new solution that the eye doc gave her…it may be saline, but will check. Thanks for the tip! The other thing he said it may be is pet allergies….hope not….she loves the animals and wants to get into veterinary work when she's older. 🙁

Thanks for the thoughts!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Website about L-form bacteria’ is closed to new replies.