Home Forums General Discussion We have 1000 members!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    superperroRA
    Participant

Hurray!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

My gosh!!! I remember when this board only had a handful of members.Richi,refresh my mind as I only remember a few names.There was Marge,A friend,you,me,Claire who has SLE and posts now and then.I guess this was back in 1998.
       I can only say”Thank God” people are getting the word out on AP

richie
    Participant

It sure has been an amazing growth over all these years and it continues —The major reason being that this is for the most part a successful treatment for rheumatic diseases —

ric hie

Patti D
    Participant

Let's go for 2000!!!
    Imagine how many people would be feeling better if we got them on this treatment.
    Patti

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Patti;
          I vote for that.What we need with this many members would be to have more people that could give Maz and A friend a bit of a break.For years I felt like I was repeating things over and over.I have a very hard time explaining things scientifically in English so I usually cut things awfully short.Now I have my life back and am never on the computer for more than 15 minutes at a time.
         Maz is a wonder but I fear she will burn out also.Lynnie is a God send and I am amazed at how fast she has learned the important things.She can express exactly what I think but cannot say properly…or is it…properly say(?)
          Back in the old days and until now A Friend has been the great mind that explained that there is so much more to  getting a handle onthese diseases than just AP.She is the one that sent me on the searching and learning path and the one to whom we all owe a great deal.
          These girls cannot keep up the pace answering so many questions.There are several other good minds but they are not on the board day after day to help out as they do have their busy lives also.What we now need are more members t0o help all the newcomers.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

What we now need are more members t0o help all the newcomers.

Lynne, how thoughtful of you! Thank you.

Yes, would be wonderful if there is anyone out there who would like to help out on the support forum, answering newcomers queries. It's on the job training, so to speak, so no biggy. I felt a bit overwhelmed in the beginning, but it soon becomes second nature.

Any hands going up out there?

Couldn't agree with you all more – AP ROCKS!

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lynne – thank you for your kind words. 

Actually I am not such a newcomer, though cannot match your record. I have been on AP and this Board since 2003 (with a little break from 2nd half of 04) posting as Lyn_G. When I came back, I saw some posts from you, so decided to change my Board Name to Lynnie_Sydney to avoid confusion!

I agree that we are in continued need of people to help others who come after us. Burn out is a real possibility – and few people can do this year in, year out. However, it is also good to have a few people who have been around for quite a long time, because they have a good grip on a wide range of issues, they are living reassurance to newbies that this is a bona fide treatment that does work and lastly, and perhaps most importantly, because they have learned (often the hard way) to be the advocate for their own health and wellbeing.   

My wish for 2009 and beyond? That more people start using the search function on the Board – and the old Board – where there is so much useful info. And to take the time to read the wealth of material on the main site that answers so many questions. However, when I was a newbie and something happened, I wanted an answer quickly and from a real person…………!!

Bless you for being around for a decade, Lynne. That is some feat. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Well said Lynne, they are wonderful people and I try too, but am not good with expressing myself either, but will keep on learning and trying…………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

The one good thing that happened to me here,other than remission,was learning English.It was so hard at the beginning and I had to use a French  to English or a German to English dictionary  to try to figure out a sentence.Richie and A friend mush have been totally confused each time I would post a question.
       I guess I did pretty well because when I met Dolores she said I was pretty good now.Still can't think or count in English though.  hehehe

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I would never have guessed Lynne. Remission and English too? What a gal! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ We have 1000 members!’ is closed to new replies.