Home Forums General Discussion Watson vs. Activis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Was anyone using Watson brand Mino at one point and doing well, then notice they came out of remission after Activis took it over?

Airen
    Participant

I am on Watson/Actavis. I have been on it for 15 months and am nearing remission. When was this merger/change? I thought they were one in the same really. My RF dropped 50 points from January to April and most recently only 5 points from July to September…now that’s only 2 months vs 4 months but still not as rapid a drop…now wondering if something is up. What has been your experience?

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Woods1977
    Participant

At one point “Watson” was “Watson”, but “Actavis” bought them out (sometime within the last 2 years perhaps)? I’m currently using Watson with no luck, but it had previously worked for me. Just trying to make a connection to see if it has anything to do with the company changeover.

If you’re nearing remission it’s no issue for you. 🙂
    Thanks for responding.

Woods

PhilC
    Participant

As far as I know, the capsules haven’t changed. I don’t think they can legally change the formulation without going through the FDA approval process again, so drug companies would not be inclined to mess with something that is working. Even the codes on the capsules haven’t changed. For example, some have “WATSON” on them and some have “DAN” on them. By the way, for those who don’t know, “DAN” stands for Danbury Pharmacal, a drug company that Watson bought out years ago. So there’s a bit of pharmaceutical trivia for you. 🙂

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.