Home Forums General Discussion Vaccine, studies conducted, your experience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mouse
    Participant

Are there any results from any studies being done on the vaccine and rheumatoid issues? I was very interested in the Novavax vaccine but it appears to have been delayed again. What has been your experience with the current vaccines? Thank you.

Female, 59 years old. My issues began with a drug reaction.
    ANA 1:32 Homogeneous, Nuclear Speckled
    Rheumatologist/Osteopenia, osteoarthritis, UCTD,
    Gastroenterologist/little gastritis,11/20,
    Cardiologist/heart/bradycardia,7-20 had a little tachycardia
    Benign limp node removed 4 years ago
    My last panel of antibody blood tests taken in 8/20 were all negative accept ana.
    Taking Vitamin D and magnesium. My doctor has given me B12 to take and wants me to take hormones. Getting physical therapy soon.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mouse;
    I had the pfizer vaccine and only had a sore arm for 2 days,just like any other vax I have received

Maz
    Keymaster

Yes, quite a few studies coming out now, although these are studies to gauge safety and effectiveness (immunogenicity) of those rheumatics on immune-suppressive therapies. You might be interested to read this large Israeli study, which does include safety data:

Immunogenicity and safety of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine in adult patients with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases and in the general population: a multicentre study

Spiffy1

Mouse, Novavax is supposed to come out in the fourth fiscal quarter. They said anywhere between the last of September through December. I am hopeful they will not ship across the seas all of them. I think we need that choice here as well. It is also good for boosters for anyone regardless of their first vaccine company choice.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Jan from CA
    Participant

I’ve had Madera shots and booster with no problem.

PhilC
    Participant

Here is some recent news:

New Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Found To Be Safe and Effective in Trial – “Highly Efficacious and Very Safe”
    https://scitechdaily.com/new-novavax-covid-19-vaccine-found-to-be-safe-and-effective-in-trial-highly-efficacious-and-very-safe/

Efficacy and Safety of NVX-CoV2373 in Adults in the United States and Mexico
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2116185

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.