Home Forums General Discussion Using IV Vitamin C drip for RA flare??

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Roberta
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with using IV Vitamin C for reducing pain and inflammation from an RA flare?? Does it work??

Linda L
    Participant

I haven’t heard about it, but it would be interesting to know.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Roberta
    Participant

I only had the one and noticed no improvement.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Roberta,

Can you share what dosage you were given? Also was it just Vitamin C or was anything added?

Roberta
    Participant

Hi Max, it was 25mg and some magnesium and B Vitamins if I remember correctly.

Maz
    Keymaster

A Myer’s Cocktail? I usually get this with 15mg Vit C, chased by a glutathione IV push. Maybe it’s the combo, but it’s amazing for anti-inflammatory support. I’ve missed them during Covid and getting them regularly has a cumulative effect.

Sorry to hear it didn’t provide any temporary relief. Have you considered a series of them and adding glutathione?

Roberta
    Participant

I honestly haven’t. The first and only time it took the nurse 5 times to find a good vein…ouch. it also costs $135 each time and not covered by insurance so I wasn’t in a rush to try again. Maybe I will down the road. My pcp was sorry this happened and then said, ‘what about stem cells?’. I know nothing about them but will post to see if anyone has any experience with that type treatment?
    I also just started reading Chronic, so will try to see if this gives me ways to explore if I have other things going on too. Thanks Maz, I always appreciate your insights.

Maz
    Keymaster

Roberta, there is a final chapter That was added to the book after publication re: Covid. If you’d like the link to read it, I’ll send it to you in a PM.

Roberta
    Participant

Yes Maz, I would love to read the final chapter!! Thank you for sending it!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Roberta, I just sent you a PM.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.